seven:: when you befriend the outcasts.

[Benji]

SEVEN:: when you befriend the outcasts.

Algebra had to have been my worst subject as I was barely passing with a C. Maybe it was the way that letters were in math nowadays and that didn't sit right with me so when Mrs. Radcliffe announced that we were to work in pairs, I was all for it.

All for it until I realized I had no friends.

I watched as everyone moved into pairs with their best friends and the assignment was passed out by a guy from the debate team that Calum was also apart of, him skipping me altogether as if I didn't exist. He gave me a look of distaste as he moved on.

Apparently, Calum being a big part of this school put a giant target on my back considering that he hated me. The parts of the student body that were friends and even associated with him had turned on me as well.

I watched as he placed it down in front of a guy looking for a partner and that was when Mrs. Radcliffe spoke up, seeing the loner that sat two rows ahead of me, "Ben, why don't you work with Julian?"

The guy shrugged, grabbing his binder and stood, walking towards me. He plopped down beside me, "Hey."

I watched as he flipped through the ten or so page packet, his hoodie displaying Michigan Youth Soccer, a place that wasn't that well known but was also where I learned that I was in love with the game. I blinked, trying not to screw up my introduction to the guy, his stature wasn't all that welcoming.

'Ben' was sitting with his arms crossed over his chest and reading. How he looked intimidating, I didn't know, maybe it was do to the fact that he hadn't shunned me yet hadn't welcomed me.

I cleared my throat when he looked over at me, "...hi."

That must've amused him because he laughed, breaking he ice as he looked over at me, raising an eyebrow and jerking his chin in greeting, "I'm Benji."

I nodded, "Julian."

His eyes widened as he sat up a little straighter, he looked a little confused as he spoke, "Wait are you that guy that-"

For some reason, I felt like it'd hurt less if I dissed myself before he had the chance. Rolling my eyes, I cut him off, blowing out through my nose, "Is gay and everyone's been talking about, yeah."

He shook his head, "Nah bro, that guy who wins every soccer game, dude you're a legend."

"... definitely would've lost last season without you."

For some reason, I felt embarrassed and I also felt the need to apologize at assuming the worst. But I didn't, it wasn't the male thing to get caught in your feeling nor was it the male thing to stay on the topic of apologies. Plus, Benji didn't even seem offended, "Uh, thanks. You new here?"

He let out a sound somewhere between a laugh and a scoff as he smiled as if he were remembering something golden, "No, just got transferred to this class though. Mr. Freedman called me the devil reincarnate and said he couldn't teach me..."

And instantly, I knew I'd like this guy, "sit back here tomorrow? The guy who sits here kinda shuns me."

"Yeah sure, I need some friends."

Benji, finally looking at his paper, staring blankly at the first question. His black eyebrows were furrowed as he tried to dissect the problem, "man, you get this?" He gave up, looking over at me before realizing I didn't have a paper.

Shaking his head like a disappointed father, he asked, "where's your paper?"

I shrugged, "I didn't get one."

Open [boyxboy] ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें