31. Let's start over!

Sofia

"How would you prefer it?" Gemma stared at me and the room behind. "You want to come with me or shall I kidnap you?"

Leaving the door ajar, I walked into the comfort and warmth of my new place. I was staying, more like hiding in the safe house since the twins naming ceremony concluded. For the past few days, I had been successful in cutting any contact with the Moralez family.

With Gemma standing at my doorstep, asking me to accompany her for a consignment check, I realized my 'going underground' abilities wasn't as good as I assumed.

Gemma was good at what she did - finding people. Even though I ensured every possible means to not be traced, she managed to find me.

Walking into my new abode, Gemma made herself comfortable, fetching fruits from the decorative fruit bowl and beer from the fridge. I wanted to ask her about the family but part of me felt it would be admitting regret on my decision to move out.

I was filled with remorse over leaving everyone who love me because of one person. I was punished by the man who declared his love for me.

Was ours a conditional love?

Were we only a mirage of a happy couple and not the reality?

As much as I would have loved to stay at the Moralez mansion, brooding in my room, my self-esteem didn't allow it.

I listened to Val's words - I wasn't at fault. I shouldn't blame myself.

"This is good." Gemma's words made me turn. She took a bite of an apple, closing her eyes. "Where did you get this?"

A person who hated small talk, Gemma was trying to make me talk. Placing herself near the window which breezed in warm air, she looked out, smiling at the sunlit arena. With her facing away, I dropped on a chair nearby, waiting for her to state the reason for her arrival.

"When will you come back?" Gemma looked over, her eyes sparkled with a mischievous swirl. "You have to come back, Sof. We all miss you."

"All?" I wanted to know the names.

"We all. All." Her smirk said it all. Alejandro might have arrived back at the mansion. "Maria fell sick. So everyone was worried."

"I heard. I called her. Now she is doing better, isn't it?"

Gemma's face dropped when her attempt to get me back with the pretext of a sick mother didn't go as planned. Rising from her chair, she pulled me up from my place and walked me into my room.

"Where are we going?" I asked, which she acknowledged with her silence.

Pulling open my closet, she ran her fingers over my clothes faster than a rabbit digging a hole in the ground. Fishing a black dress, she tossed it on me.

"We are going out. Now."

When my eyes rolled inside my head, she shoved me into the washroom with the new attire. I sat inside, reluctant to agree to her. The wet floors and humid surroundings irritated my skin, formed sweat beads and made me feel dizzy. I succumbed to Gemma's wishes, dressing up and walking out.

As soon as I paired my attire with a pair of flats, Gemma grabbed my hand and walked me out.

We were driven to a secluded place. It was near a beach - a shaft. The dress I wore, a black skater was the complete opposite of what constituted beachwear.