3. Noose around the neck

Alejandro

"You'd lead the deal," Antonio pointed at me while delegating work. Ever since the fall of the Castros, we were building our ally relations stronger than ever.

The last time, it was the Salazar who came up with a rescue plan but with the rise of local cartels, and all of them competing against one another, Antonio thought it would be best if we had cross-border connections.

The Sinaloa cartel was growing in power and fame. It not only threated the existence of us - Los Zetas, but at one point it seemed to take over the entire country under its wave. Antonio's plan was good, seeking help from everywhere and building stronger ties.

With the last meet, the Argentinians were brought in as new allies but it was the Brazilians, who were still on the fence. Their merger condition rested on Agustin. If he was was to be engaged to the leader's daughter, they would join us too. But that condition was still debated under our roof because Agustin wanted nothing to do with the woman, whom entire Brazil seemed to crave for.

"What's the strategy?" I asked, knowing fully well Antonio always has one. Although he was letting me take the lead for the deal with the Bratvas, the Russians were always a tough nut to crack. There would surely be a catch in him letting me lead.

"You figure out, Al," he said without looking up from his book. I turned to Agustin, who shrugged his shoulders. At this point, Agustin was the only lucky one to not be put to test by our head, Antonio.

The new information I discovered since my wedding day, I knew better than to differ in my opinion. I needed a plan to impress the Russians while searching to know the truth about what I found.

Within an hour of their landing, the Russian syndicate members were eager to meet us. They didn't want to rest or visit places. Unlike the tropical ones, I've always heard the tundra born people were enthusiastic and eager in their approach. Today I saw it live.

When the leaders walked in for the meeting, I was surprised by the confidence they carried. With no guns or guards, the Russian man and woman duo walked in, revealing the trust they had in their combat training.

"Mikhail. Mishka. I welcome you both." Antonio shook their hands, following which it was my turn to greet them.

The man, Mikhail was a wall. Muscular frame and bassy tone decorated his features. The woman, white as snow and hair, the color of cocoa made her look like every man's fantasy. While they moved on, meeting Agustin and Valentina, Mishka's eyes darted towards me. A crooked smile from her made my heart launch up.

After the initial greetings, Antonio turned to me. His head bob made me parrot the things I had researched in a span of an hour before they landed.

"This deal is beneficial for us and you," I moved papers, highlighted in colored tabs where I wanted to draw their attention.

The brother-sister duo read up everything, taking their time with each highlighted word. Mikhail's eyebrows hooked while reading some things while the girl, Mishka, maintained her poker face. Shutting the file, he lean over the table, his clammed hands indicating his apprehension.

"How is this helpful for us? He asked, eying me and Antonio. "I can tell you hundred different reasons as to why a deal with the Sinaloa would be better for us," he spoke in his thick accent.

Looking at Antonio, Mikhail maintained his silence before leaning back. It was now when I felt a rush of blood that made me take command.

"You think that the Sinaloa cartel will help you after their leader was captured and their firstborn and the next in command are fighting for whose to rule next?" I spoke, placing my hand on the black file. "We can help with that. We, Moralez, are a united front. We know who our head is." I turned to Antonio whose lips curled up.