35. Here comes trouble

Alejandro

Since Aurelia's arrival, she had been a handful. The shy kid who was once scared and reluctant to talk had now turned into a bundle of energy. We were blessed to have a naughty, talkative child in our lives.

My parents were in grandparental bliss too. With the twins and Aurelia, their hands were full for anything else. Having always longed for grandchildren, they both found newer ways to spoil the future Moralez generation. At one point, Antonio had to enforce new rules - No more gifts and sweets till their next birthday.

As if that could ever stop mama.

At the breakfast table, the whole family assembled, laughing and talking.

Sofia and Aurelia sat on each side of mine while Gemma and Agustin sat on the other end of the table. In the long end, Antonio shared his chair with Val. With Val holding onto the twins and Antonio taking up the task of feeding his wife, mama and Sofia cooed with delight.

I remembered a time - a couple of years back when there were no women in this family except for mama. How different were all our lives!

All three of us Moralez boys were busy with ourselves, happily ignoring each other unless there was a business requirement. With the arrival of our partners, our lives changed for good.

When the gathering echoed with laughter, I looked over.

Sofia lowered her head, unwilling to match anyone's gaze. I leaned over to her side.

"What happened, Sof?"

She nodded sidewise. "Apparently our daughter walked in on us...kissing..."

My eyes popped out of their socket, head spun over to Aurelia's side. She shrugged, chomping on the fruits with the innocence of a two-year-old.

"Alejandro, next time, please latch the door," Val chuckled. My cheeks warmed, being ratted out by my child.

"Aunty Val," Aurelia cooed, eying Antonio. "Even you'll have to latch your doors."

Encore of laughter rose, consuming Val and Antonio's hushed protest. A moment later, Aurelia's eyes danced upon Agustin who rendered a sly smile. Aurelia nodded, falling back on her chair.

"What?" My finger danced between Agustin and Aurelia. "What was that look?"

"What look, brother?" Agustin shrugged his shoulder and pouted his lips as if completely unaware of what I asked. "We didn't share any look?"

"Oh, come on," I rose my hand and turned to Aurelia. "Baby, what did uncle Augustin tell you?"

Aurelia's doe eyes widened. "Uncle Agustin told me to study well, that's all."

"That's a lie," Antonio chimed in, fully aware of what our youngest one is capable of. "The lie of a century. Aurelia, darling, what did Agustin tell her?"

"Nothing uncle Anto. He didn't tell me anything. You don't trust me too?"

Oh, come on.

Sofia leaned over to my side. "Our daughter is already the best at something."

"Deception." I nodded. She chuckled.

"How about this... Nobody question my Agustin and baby Aurelia," Maria gestured at all of us. "Eat your food and please, for the love of God, latch your doors around kids."

With muffled laughter, we all ate our food in silence. Although I witnessed Gemma and Aurelia wink at each other, I couldn't state anything else.

It wasn't hard to figure out something was going on between the three of them but I wasn't ready to intervene. Although Agustin and Gemma were grown-ups, around children they would metamorphose into their younger selves.