17: Unconscious

Chase

Skye lost her balance and fell down. I tried to grab her paw. So did she. But she fell and I was unable to grab her. Then I lost my balance fell forward into the steep cliff.

I was literally falling forward but then I stopped. Someone grabbed me. I looked at the back and... It was Robo Dog! I forgot the paw patroller was also here.

Then he flew down to get Skye who fell down. My heart was beating so fast! I couldn't believe what I was even seeing. Then probably the others heard mine and Skye's shouting. They came rushing towards the cliff.

"Chase?! What happened? Are you okay?" Ryder asked with fear in his eyes.

"Skye fell down, I couldn't catch her. Robo Dog went down to get her. I really hope she's okay!!" I said yelling and crying really badly.

"What?!" Ryder shouted and then everyone looked down with immense shock.

Everyone started shouting 'SKYE' but it's not like it would make her fly and come back up.

I was crying my heart out the whole time. When she slipped and fell, she even hit her head on an enormous rock. I am super worried. It was like I was paralysed and could not move at all. My heart was pounding continuously. I was about to faint again... Just how I fainted when she left me. This is not happening! This is not happening!!!

"Chase? Chase???" I felt someone shaking me.

"Huh??" I opened my eyes and.... what? Skye was shaking me.... Actually.. all the pups were... Zuma, Rubble, Rocky, Marshall... And speaking of Marshall, Everest wasn't there. I noticed we all were outside the lookout the exact place where we were playing tug of war in the morning. It was morning actually....

I stood up and asked, "What happened?" Super confused... But all they were saying was Chase and Chase and Chase. Also their voices were echoing. I was super confused like huh?

Then I was being shook again. I heard 'Chase' again. What? Please tell me that Skye falling down was a dream! I opened my eyes slowly. For real this time.

I noticed we were in Jake's cabin. And, Jake and Ryder were shaking and waking me up. While Marshall was there in his medical suit and I noticed I had an ice bag on my head.

I quickly stood up and asked, "What happened?"

"U fainted whe-" Marshall said but was interrupted by Jake, "You fainted when Skye fell off the cliff cause according to Marshall's check-up the shock was too much for you to handle." he finished..

"What??? So you're telling me Skye fell for real?" I asked with my eyes opened widely and jaw dropped fully.

"Yes... But don't worry. After you fainted Robo Dog got Skye on his back and got her back up. She hasn't woke up since but Marshall took good care. Not much injuries, just some small scratches from the forest's trees and she hit her head on a rock... She's fine now." Ryder explained.

"Oh yeah I remember Skye hitting her head... I thought all this was just a dre- oh well.. never mind. Glad to know she's back and safe." I said with relive.

"So? How long have I been... fainted?" I asked.

"Three Hours." They all said together.

"What three hours??" I yelled. I can't believe I have been having stupid dreams for three hours!

"Yeah... We tried waking you up most of the time.. We all did. But you never woke up. Oh well, until now." Marshall said. "I'll tell the others you're awake and completely fine. We all have been waiting for both Skye and you to wake up. We're really tired now."

Marshall went to tell the others. So did Jake. Only Ryder and I were here now.

"You were also smiling a lot while you were unconscious." Ryder said and giggled.

Oh yeah right. I remember my dreams.. one was, only me and Skye were left in this world. And we were having our best time.

"Oh haha.. weird stuff you know, Ryder." I said laughing nervously. "Where is Skye by the way?? I want to see her right now! Ryder please!"

He told me that she was in a room. I went there and, there she was. Laying on a bed. Beautifully Unconscious.

Skye

I lost control and fell backwards into the steep cliff. Chase yelled my name and reached his paw for me. I attempted to grab it but failed. I shouted his name with tears flooding from my eyes.

If this was gonna happen then couldn't it happen earlier? Can I have a flashback of my life now?? That's the last thing to ask.

But what am I even doing. I have to live! Oh well, at least try..! I barked out my wings... Yes, I was surrounded by trees. But I didn't care.

My wings came out and I was balancing to fly.. actually I was able to fly and happy tears came out of my eyes. Then I saw Robo Dog heading towards me. Everyone's hero! That's when I was so lost, I hit my head on a rock. Everything went black but I at least felt myself landing on Robo Dog's back.

Chase

Hey beautiful. I went near her and sat down on the floor near her bed. She was looking extremely gorgeous. But a bandage was around her head.

I whimpered knowing that my girl hit her head and is badly injured. When she fell I didn't do anything. I wasn't able to do anything! I couldn't even save her. I am the worst. So dumb and stupid I am.

Robo Dog shouldn't even have grabbed me. He should have let me go and save Skye. At least he could have saved Skye and she wouldn't have hit her head.. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have been on that cliff! I was there before it's just that Skye came later on to chat with me.

I started crying putting my head on her stomach and my arm around my head. Then I heard something. Sniffing. I looked at Skye and she was slowly opening her eyes.

She opened and looked at me. First she was shocked but then she gave me a smile. Or maybe more of a smirk.. She stood up and grabbed my collar. This scene is very familiar.. I wondered.

She came close to me and said,

"Hey Husband!"

A/N: HEHE! I must say lot much stuff's gonna happen. Anyways thank you all for 13k reads! Means a lot. Anyways if you liked the chapter then don't mind voting! Thank you for reading)