27: Goodbye

Chase

Me and Skye were on our way outside where Anna was waiting for us. I was a little worried about what Anna was going to say as we met after so long. She was sitting near the woods collected for bonfire. We went near her and she stood up.

"Ah! The lovely couple" She said in a mean way.

"Come straight to the point Anna. What was something so important that you needed to tell us that you waited hours for Skye to wake up." I said. I didn't want to hear any of her bullshit. Plus I didn't want her to ruin our time. We were supposed to camp and have a fun and great time.

"Jeez okay Mr. No Patience!" She said and then we all stood there. She didn't say anything and we were waiting for her to speak up.

"Okay so is anybody gonna say anything or nah?" Skye asked.

"Ok I will. Sorry I just.. Was thinking of how to put it together." Anna started and cleared her throat. "I know this is weird and all. Like how we randomly met here deep in the woods. Adventure Bay is really far away and so is my house by the way. This can be a coincidence or... It must be a sign for a proper goodbye. Last time we saw each other we came into sort of a fight. And this time can be a chance for proper goodbye. Plus it is even better, your girlfriend is also here. I wanted to meet her properly and see you guys together."

"And just call me bitchy." Skye said with an angry face.

"I am so sorry about. Truly. When I got to know that Chase, whom I had a crush on for such a long time, and also my first love.., has another girlfriend I was really heartbroken. I mean... I understand if you are angry but.. I was just sad. Please forgive me. You guys look good together. It's okay if you don't want to forgive me. I really understand." Said Anna.

"Anna, see I really understand seeing your first love have a girlfriend after 3 years. I would totally act the same as you. You've got nothing to apologize for." Skye said smiling.

"Really? Oh my god you are really sweet! No wonder Chase loves you. I am really happy that you understand. You are incredible!" Anna said happily jumping up and down.

"Good to see you guys getting along." I said and they both giggled. "So Anna... another chance for a proper goodbye?" I said.

"Another chance for a proper goodbye." She said and we both smiled. "See I know that past wasn't much of a joyful time for you and you probably want to forget about it. Now's the chance Chase. From today onwards we both will completely move on from our past. Though whether there is Sneaky Crush or not, we'll forget about the past." She said.

"And stop regretting." I applied.

"Exactly. Also I am really sorry about Austin. Like how he doesn't know that you are still ali-" She was saying but I cut her off.

"No no no! It's better for Austin to think that I am... dead. Because the past has be a nightmare to him and to all of us. And if he gets to know that one of his nightmares is still out there, he won't be happy."

"I understand what you are saying and I am really glad that you understand as well. Austin is having his best time with his girlfriend and with his new home and life. This is the happiest I have seen him ever since the bear incident. Knowing he is this happy makes me also very happy. Bringing up his past to him will break his heart. And I don't want that to happen. I am glad that you understand." Anna said with tears in her eyes.

"I really do!"

"So I guess this is it then... Chase."

"Right, Anna."

"Goodbye." We both said together and we hugged tightly. Tears came out instantly as this brought back all the memories. Anna was also crying really badly.

Then we both separated. When we did I felt something really heavy lift up from my whole entire body. I felt better. Way better. It was like my past was now vanished and I knew that after this I won't ever regret, have nightmares and even think about it.

Me and Anna both smiled at each other with teary eyes. She turned around and walked away. I watched her go by. Unlike last time, this time she turned around. And we both smiled and tears fell off from our eyes. She turned around and went. For real. She was gone. My past was gone. I was feeling insanely wonderful.

"Are you okay Chase?" Skye asked. Dang for a moment I forgot she was even here beside me.

"Yeah.. Never beter!" I said and smiled brightly as she wiped away the tears from my face.

"I am glad." She said and smiled. As we were walking towards the cabin Skye asked. "Chase, why did you tell me earlier that I was your first and only love and there was no Anna?"

"Because.. I wanted my past to go away. I wanted to believe the past never happen led and you were my one and only first love. And that there was no Anna. I always have nightmares about my past. Like my parents being eaten by bears right in front of me. Or like Anna and Austin coming to haunt me with knifes in the middle of the night. With the Sneaky Crush around us lately, I just kept on getting flashbacks. I couldn't help it. I wanted it gone. So I led myself to believe there was no past and no Anna. But that wasn't enough so I told you and said it out loud. And I felt so much better. Not a single flashback until.. oh well Anna showed up. I am sorry I didn't mean to lie to you or anything."

"I understand Chase. And it is completely fine. I just wanted to know the reason." Skye said and licked my cheek. I was blushing hot red.

We went back in the cabin and I told everybody my past is gone. Turned to ashes. And that I was feeling the best. Everyone was happy about it. Soon it was dark and we started to fire our bonfire. We all sat down and we were eating dinner.

"Dude, I am scared for this Sneaky Crush. What if it come in me and I start to hit up on Zoey. Rocky would totally kill me." Zuma said and everyone laughed.

"But seriously guys. Sneaky Crush is still there and we do not know what to do about it. It is trouble. We better find a cure or something as soon as possible or else I am afraid it will spread all over Adventure Bay like a virus. Or maybe even the whole world if we don't do anything." I said. And yup that all can certainly happen one day.

"Chase is right. Hey what about the lake in which you fell in. Maybe there is a cure-like somewhere around there. We should probably go check it out." Skye suggests.

"I mean, it's worth the shot." Everest said.

"Exactly!" Rubble agreed.

"Okay but what if we see another kind of shining white thing in the sky. And the next thing we know is that we all turn into zombies." Marshall said.

"Whatever it is Marshall, we better go there as soon as we can or else what Chase said might come true." Zoey says.

"I agree with Zoey." Said Rocky.

"Then what are we waiting for pups?? To the lake!" Ryder said punching his fist up in the air.