Chapter 36

Freed woke up in the morning and he was surprised when he saw that Rufus had already left. He rubbed his face and looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was already nine o'clock and Freed blinked. Had he really slept this long? He wondered if others were up too. He pulled the blanket away and sat up, just to notice his hips and thighs were aching. Rufus really wasn't kidding when he said he would hurt...

With a blush Freed got up, trying to rub his thighs while walking to the bathroom. He looked around but he didn't see Rufus. It made him a little bit worried, wondering what the memory mage was up to.

Freed quickly cleaned himself and dressed up. He stepped outside, cussing silently because he was walking so stiff but couldn't help it. He walked down the stairs and in the first floor he saw Rufus talking with Evergreen at the dining room doorway. The blond haired man looked at Freed and smiled.

"Good morning my love", he said taking Freed's hands and kissed him.

"Good morning, Rufus", Freed said.

"Ugh, being so damn mushy romantic first thing in the morning", Evergreen huffed.

"Good morning to you too, Ever", Freed said. He knew Evergreen was annoyed only because she couldn't cuddle with Elfman and was instead forced to look how other people could enjoy their time together so sweetly.

He looked at Rufus.

"Shouldn't you still be resting?" he asked lifting his eyebrow. "I believe Magaidh told you to stay put until she can examine you."

"I'm fine", Rufus assured waving his hand. "There is nothing to worry about."

"I wonder..." Freed muttered. Magaidh was not going to like this.

"So Freed", Evergreen smirked. "Why so stiff?" she chuckled teasingly and Freed cleared his throat, trying to force blush away from his face with his willpower. It didn't work.

"Please don't tease him", Rufus purred hugging Freed lovingly. "Even if he looks the utmost cutest thing in the whole world when he's so shy."

"I have to agree to that", Evergreen giggled.

"Would you two stop that", Freed finally snapped annoyed.

"We could but we don't want to", Evergreen smiled and Freed sighed.

"Are Laxus and Bickslow awake yet?" he asked.

"Not yet, but I bet they will wake up soon, Mrs. Camran said breakfast will be ready in a minute", Rufus said.

Suddenly they heard stomping steps like a giant was walking towards the house and it was extremely ominous. Doors were pushed open with force and they saw Magaidh, puffing away some curly pink strands from her face and glaring at them.

Freed looked at Rufus, only to notice the memory mage had disappeared from his side and was instead now hiding behind his back.

"You big chicken", he said.

"YOU TWO!" Magaidh roared and it made Freed flinch, snapping his attention towards the angry woman who was coming closer. Evergreen looked absolutely amused and there was no way she would miss this.

Magaidh stepped in front of Freed, looking at the blond trying to hide behind his fiancé.

"You really think I don't see you there?" Magaidh snarled to Rufus and snatched a hold of his collar, pulling him away from behind Freed's back. "What the hell were you thinking, leaving the infirmary without a permission?!" Magaidh yelled angrily.

"I was feeling just fine, I can assure you that", Rufus quickly assured. "You had healed my wounds almost completely."

"You got attacked by Prosopopesis Magic! We can't be sure if it makes you only forgetful! If you could think anything else but Freed's ass even for a second you would have understood that!" Magaidh snarled and Rufus yelped when suddenly his feet didn't touch the ground anymore. Magaidh was a small but terrifyingly strong woman.