Chapter 10

They were sitting in a train and Freed listened what all had happened at the Fairy Tail while he was away. Apparently nothing big was going on, lots of fights, drinking and similar. Gildarts had come and gone, members from the other guilds had visited and of course there has been lots of talking about those mage hunters. Only S-class mages were allowed to travel alone anymore.

"Has there been any attacks?" Freed asked worried.

"None in Magnolia", Ever said. "But we have heard two members of the Blue Pegasus was attacked and Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel are both missing members. They are not yet sure that they are kidnapped but they are looking for them."

"That's really alarming", Freed huffed. "And the other Guilds?"

"We're not sure", Bicks said. "Weren't they attacking Sabertooth?"

"They have attacked us", Rufus nodded. "But they mostly attacked random mages who were just passing by. They probably didn't want to take too much direct contact with us since they obviously have their headquarters somewhere near our city. But they were wrong when they assumed we wouldn't notice what they are doing."

"But we still only know some of those attacks", Magaidh said. "Who knows, they might have kidnapped hundreds of mages, all around Fiore. The roads from our town to other towns are busy with travellers, there are every day lots of mages travelling around because their missions."

Freed thought about it and gazed out from the window.

"Has anyone heard anything about Laxus?" he asked.

"He's alright", Ever smiled. "We talked with him. He's coming home, but we're not sure when he will arrive. You know he's strong, he will be alright."

"You're right", Freed smiled. "If anyone can take care of himself, it's Laxus."

Magaidh glimpsed towards Rufus quickly and he noticed how the memory mage slightly narrowed his eyes. Yes, maybe Freed just really admired Laxus and there was no romantic feelings involved, but Rufus would still be really careful. He would not lose Freed to someone else now, not even for Laxus Dreyar. Well of course if Freed would say himself that he would rather be just friends, then he had to accept it. But he would definitely try his best so things wouldn't slip to that point.

The train stopped and they stepped on the station. Freed smiled looking around, it was so nice to be back Magnolia again.

"Let's head to the Guild House right away", Bickslow grinned. "Should we ask for a ride?"

"Absolutely not", Freed said with an adamant tone. "We will walk."

"Okay, if you're sure you can."

"I can."

So they started their journey and greeted some of the townspeople on their way. Every step made Freed more and more excited and he really wanted to walk faster but his leg wasn't agreeing with him. It was frustrating.

"We are not in a hurry", Rufus chuckled. "We'll get there."

"I know", Freed said slightly embarrassed. "But it's like I only just now understand how much I have missed everyone."

It was good to hear, as Rufus remembered how depressed Freed was at the first days. It was good to see he wasn't anymore thinking that his life would be lonely. Rufus would do whatever it would take to make Freed see he was not alone and he could have happiness and love. He would give to his beautiful rune mage whatever he desired, no matter what it was or was it even possible. He would find a way to make things possible.

For Freed it felt like forever but finally he could see the familiar building with a big sign that said 'FAIRY TAIL' so everyone could see it. Everything was just like before he left. Well, maybe there was one new hole in the roof that was poorly fixed. As they stepped in front of the doors, they heard loud shouts and fighting from inside.