Chapter 21

Few days went by, as Freed kept assembling his stuff in the new house and did his best to just spend his time as he could. He helped at the bar in the Guild since that didn't require any magic, cleaned around, and just... Did his best trying to be helpful.

Freed was again in the kitchen, washing the dishes and he was wearing a white shirt with a red vest this time, with a simple black tie around his neck and a black apron around his waist. This wasn't so bad. He had helped in the kitchen few times before, but this was the first time he worked here with Mirajane, Lisanna and Kinana full days.

It was the fourth day since Rufus and Magaidh left Magnolia and he had heard absolutely nothing of them yet. Rufus hadn't send even a single message for him, despite him having a new communicator lacrima the memory mage had bought him. Was everything really alright? Was there a reason why Rufus didn't contact him? Sure, Freed could just as easily call him as well, but he was a little bit too proud to do that yet. He was still slightly hurt because of what Rufus did.

"Here are some more", Lisanna smiled as she came to the kitchen and put a tray full of mugs and other dishes on the table.

"Thank you for collecting them for me", Freed smiled.

"Not at all! Thank you for helping us even though you could just be staying at home and doing anything else", the white haired girl smiled happily.

"I'm not really used to just staying at home and not doing anything. I can't go to the missions like this so I have to do something. Even I can't just read all the time."

"Well, we are happy that you're here. You look quite handsome in that suit and your hair on a ponytail", Lisanna teased making Freed laugh.

"You think so?" he said.

"That Rufus would absolutely drool over you if he saw you. Maybe we should sent him a picture? I heard you have finally gotten yourself a communicator lacrima!"

"I wouldn't say I got it, it was more like it was forced for me to take it..."

"Hmm... I wonder..." Lisanna chuckled and Freed was startled when suddenly her hands were on his hips.

"Lisanna!" he shouted both startled and also confused.

"Ah-ha!" Lisanna grinned as she found the communicator lacrima from his pocket and before the green haired rune mage was able to catch her, she jumped farther. "You should smile!"

"Lisanna, do not take any pictures", Freed warned frowning but he already heard clicks.

"My my, you're even blushing", Lisanna giggled keeping a table between them.

"What is the ruckus over here?" Mirajane asked opening the door and stepping inside. "Why are you running around in the kitchen?"

"Look, sis!" Lisanna beamed happily, quickly running behind Mirajane and showed her the pictures. That was so unfair! There was no way Freed could get that thing back for now! Especially when Mirajane looked at the pictures her eyes widened.

"Oh my", she said. "How adorable. Are you planning to send this to Rufus perhaps?" Mira asked smiling all happy and innocent, but Freed knew she was already aware it was all thanks to Lisanna those pictures were taken and he had not agreed to them.

"I am not planning to send them to anyone", he said bluntly.

"Really? That's too bad, these are quite good. I know! Let's ask Kinana to join us and take a group picture!"

"Yes! That sounds fun!" Lisanna cheered.

Freed sighed rubbing his face and soon Kinana joined them and they assembled all four in front of the stoves, while the communicator lacrima was on the table ready to take the picture in time that had been set. Well, guess it was fun Freed had to admit it, even though his smile was pretty much forced. After that the picture was shared and he finally got his communicator lacrima back.