Chapter 26

Freed followed Porlyusica in the infirmary. Rufus of course followed after him with Magaidh and Laxus, Bickslow and Evergreen wanted to see what would happen as well. Sting and Orga stopped beside the door, talking with Natsu and others. They didn't want to intrude since they weren't as close to Freed as others were.

One bed was quickly prepared and Freed hung his coat and belts with his sword on the rack. He took off his scarf just in case and shirt, leaving only his pants and under shirt. Once he took off his temporary shoes – he hated wearing other shoes than boots but right now he really didn't have a choice– he sat down on the bed.

"It will take some time before the medicine will really start to work", Porlyusica said. "You might feel a bit lightheaded until then."

"Is he really going to hurt?" Ever asked worried and Porlyusica looked at her.

"I don't know", she said straightforwardly and Freed couldn't deny it, it kinda made him nervous.

"Are you sure he will at least survive?" Rufus asked.

"Of course I'm not sure, you idiot! No matter what medicine, there are always risks! But I don't believe he will die. Lie down, Freed", Porlyusica commanded and Freed nodded.

He laid down on the bed and Magaidh used disinfectant and cleaned his arm with cotton pad.

"Oh shit", Bickslow hissed and turned around when Porlyusica took out a needle. It made Freed chuckle a little bit. There was always someone who had at least some sort of phobia towards needles.

After giving the medicine Porlyusica took care of the needle and rest of the medicine, while Magaidh pressed the little wound until it wasn't bleeding anymore.

"And what now?" Rufus asked and he was seriously nervous. He didn't want to see Freed suffering, but he couldn't stop him from doing this if he so wanted. Oh how he wished he could forbid this...

" Now we just wait", Porlyusica said cleaning her hands." I'm pretty sure we will notice when the medicine will start working against the poison."

Freed was about to say something, when suddenly he sputtered out a laugh.

"What's so funny?" Ever asked confused looking at the rune mage.

"I don't even know", Freed grinned like an idiot and others chuckled.

"So the trip has started", Magaidh said amused. "It might be fun for a while."

"No way are you all going to stay", Rufus said immediately with a frown. "Freed would never want to be seen when he's acting like this. He can't help it, but I'm going to make sure you're not taking advantage of this moment and make him do something stupid."

"You're stupid", Freed said.

"Darling, keep your mouth shut."

"Why are you having all the fun?" Bickslow asked. "We want to talk with Freed as well!" he grinned looking at the rune mage who was really interested how Rufus' blond hair fell down when he let go of it. Then he lifted it up again and let go, when it fell down again.

Rufus sighed and shooed Freed's hand before he again grabbed his hair.

"He's my boyfriend, of course I will stay here with him all the way and see that he will be fine", Rufus said determined.

"So what? We're his family."

"I love my family", Freed smiled widely and Evergreen giggled.

"We love you too, Sweetie", she said hugging Freed who hugged her back. "Don't you want us to stay?"