Chapter 6

Magaidh is my own character I created for this fanfic. Thank you for your comments and votes! ^^

-----------------------------------

After the breakfast Orga headed back to the Sabertooth. Freed sat on the living room and even though he tried not to be too worried he glanced at the windows for time to time. Was there someone watching right now? Were they watching at the night while they were sleeping? Would they attack with more force?

"Don't worry", Rufus suddenly said and Freed snapped out of his thoughts. "They might have poison that destroys magic but they can't do everything with it. I'm sure they can only use little amounts of that poison at a time so we should be alright here. I have my own defence systems here", blond chuckled and he sat on the couch next to Freed.

"Really?" the swordsman asked surprised.

"Of course, I have one really useful spell I can use. They can of course use that poison against it but when they do we will be alarmed that they are approaching."

"And what were you thinking about doing then?" Freed asked lifting his eyebrow.

"Just trust me, dear", Rufus chuckled. "You have no idea what kind of spells I have deep inside my memories, just waiting for me to use them. I'll use all of them if I have to."

"I'm genuinely sorry that I can't do anything to help you", Freed apologized. "Not before my arm is healed enough so I can move it normally, then I can at least use my sword again."

"Don't you apologize, there is no need for that. This is not your fault. I decided to take care of you so I shall do that no matter what", Rufus smirked.

"I'm grateful", Freed chuckled. "You are a strange man, Rufus."

"Oh? How so?"

"Before this incident we haven't even talked to each other, yet still you are ready to go this far to help me. Don't take me wrong, by saying strange I don't mean anything bad. You are a good man, Rufus, and a really good friend", Freed smiled.

Rufus froze for a second. Did Freed just friend zone him? He wondered if Freed could truly not see the come hither in his eyes and hear it in his voice.

Quickly he returned back to normal and smiled softly like he always did.

"I help you because I want to", he said. "I really do. I saw you couple of times when we were at the Grand Magic Games, but I never got a good chance to introduce myself."

"Well, better late than never", Freed chuckled and Rufus nodded.

"Definitely", the memory mage smiled. Even at the time when they had their differences with Fairy Tail, Rufus had noticed Freed among them and for a moment he had considered to suggest greenette to join Sabertooth. But he wasn't stupid, he knew it would be probably impossible to convince anyone from Fairy Tail to leave their Guild.

But after that he noticed that he was thinking about Freed more often, until it was painful and no matter what he did he just couldn't forget that green haired rune mage from Fairy Tail. There were no magic that could help him with his aching pain in his heart when he knew he couldn't have Freed.

Now... Here he was. Sitting next to him on his couch, in his home. He was giving hints of his feelings yet Freed didn't seem to understand. Was he not interested of him? Or just that dense? To be honest Freed actually seemed like a guy who was not good at these kind of things. Should he just be plain clear and tell him about his feelings? Would Freed get scared and think that was the only reason why he took care of him, so Freed would feel obliged to answer his feelings after all this?