Chapter 11

It was almost midnight when they finally opened the door to the house where Thunder Legion lived together.

"I'm sorry, there is no guest room since Laxus is also staying here while he's looking for a new place. Though, he have lived here already half a year so I guess this is his new place", Freed said and he almost tripped over when he stepped inside the house.

"Well, it is a good thing that I want to sleep with you rather than in the guest room", Rufus smiled closing the door. Ever and Bickslow wanted to stay a little longer at the Guild, but Rufus decided it was time for him and Freed to leave when the rune mage had started to slightly sway on his chair.

"It's really late but do you want something to eat?" Freed asked and he managed to hang his coat on the rack and put his boots to where they belonged out of the way.

"I'm not that hungry but you definitely need a glass of water and perhaps a little snack", Rufus laughed. "You really are lightweight, I had to finish your third glass of wine so you wouldn't pass out at the Guild."

"I knew someone took that glass!" Freed pouted glaring at Rufus.

"I'm sorry, dear. It was for your own good", Rufus chuckled kissing Freed. "You'll thank me in the morning when you don't have that bad hangover."

"I'm not that drunk", Freed said with a hiccup, walking over to the kitchen. The house was average sized, they all had own rooms and there were two bathrooms and a big kitchen and a living room.

"Just be careful", Rufus purred following his now clearly tired boyfriend. "Do you mind if I use the bathroom and take a shower?"

"No, of course you can take a shower. Do you need anything?"

"I have my own towel and a change of clothes, I will be fine", Rufus smiled opening his bag and took out what he needed. "Will you be okay while I'm in the bathroom? You won't do something stupid?"

"I'll be fine, don't worry", Freed said and he took a glass from the cupboard. "Bathroom door is just opposite the entrance."

"Alright", the memory mage nodded.

After the shower, Rufus dried his hair with a useful spell and then he braided them. He returned back to the kitchen wearing red sleeveless shirt and dark pyjama pants. He chuckled when he found Freed leaning against the table, almost asleep.

"Where's your room?" he asked gently and Freed raised his head.

"Oh, yes, we were going to sleep", he said with a yawn.

"Did you find something to eat?"

"Yes, I ate some crackers. They were okay, I guess", Freed said and got up. "I'll show you my room, then I should take a shower too so I sober up a bit."

"Okay", Rufus nodded.

He followed the rune mage to the stairs. Freed's room was the first door on the left and they stepped in.

"I usually use my runes to keep the door locked, but well..." Freed sighed.

"Oh my", Rufus gasped looking around.

So much books. Piled all around in the floor because there was not enough room in the shelves for them. This space was small so there was no room for more than six shelves and even they fitted in just barely. There were also a desk, a wardrobe and of course a bed that was big enough for them both.

"My poor dear sweetheart. You're living in a can", Rufus said and Freed shrugged.

"Not all of us can live in a mansion", he chuckled. "Don't start acting like a spoiled nobleman. This is fine, even if this house does feel sometimes a little bit too crowded, especially when both Elfman and Cana are staying over. I'll go take the shower now", he said and stepped in the hallway.