Chapter 31

The train let out a loud whistle as it stopped at the Magnolia station. The day had been long and the sky was red since the sun had almost set completely.

"We could have stayed in Crocus as well", Evergreen complained and she yawned. They were all tired.

"There was no need for us to stay", Freed said as they walked down the stairs, away from the station. "We already spent a whole day shopping in Crocus."

"It was for a good reason", Rufus chuckled taking Freed's hand and raised it. It was a simple silver ring with runes carved in it and in the middle there was an absolutely stunning green emerald stone, shining beautifully in the last rays of sun.

Freed blushed slightly. He was not used to wear jewelry and especially something as expensive as this. He knew Rufus didn't buy it because it was expensive, he said the ring simply fit Freed well.

For Rufus, Freed had found something less expensive. Of course Rufus had offered that he would pay both rings but Freed couldn't accept that. The silver ring on the memory mage's hand might not be flashy, but it did have a shiny ruby which fit Rufus perfectly. It wasn't big, but anyone could notice it immediately.

But it had cost him a lot of money. It might have cost only half of what Rufus paid for his ring, but for Freed it was a lot of money to spent. He could have never expected that some day he would actually spend that much money on just some stone!

Yet when he had seen how happy it made Rufus and how he admired the ring with the red stone on his finger, Freed knew it was all worth it.

They arrived at the house near the station and they all went in.

"I will go straight to bed", Evergreen said as she stretched her arms above her head.

"Me too", Bickslow grinned. "Tomorrow we can all go see if they have finally repaired our house."

"It should be done", Laxus said as they left their bags on the floor for now. They were too tired to start unpacking and they just might have to carry everything in their house tomorrow anyway. "They said it shouldn't take too long to fix it."

"Let's go see it tomorrow, before we go to the guild", Freed smiled. "I'm sure everything will be fine. Does anyone want any supper?"

They all declined as they had eaten in the train earlier. They all just went to their rooms and fell asleep almost instantly after getting in their beds.

In next morning they had arrived at the house.

"Looks good", Laxus said as they were looking around. All broken walls and windows had been repaired. The living room had been painted and was waiting for new furniture.

It seemed like everything was back to normal. Their rooms were just the way they left them, as there had been no reason to repair them so they were just kept locked.

"Oh", Freed said surprised when he saw the kitchen. Since the dogs that had attacked inside through the window had destroyed most of the kitchen, they had to get at least a new stove, table and some other stuff. "This kitchen looks really good", the swordsman smiled, touching the clean surface of the sink. Everything was almost sparkling.

"Guess we can move back in now", Evergreen smiled. "But I'm going to miss living in that big house with you two", she giggled hugging Freed.

"You can come over whenever you want", the rune mage reminded. "And I don't think it's that much bigger than this house anyway. Yet it certainly is too much for only two people..." he muttered looking at Rufus who just chuckled.