Chapter 15

Freed shut down the shower and stepped out, taking the towel that was hanging on a hook. Wow, these towels were really soft. He smiled and dried his hair enough so it wouldn't drip water everywhere and then he pulled out the yukata that was ready for him. He wrapped it around him and tied the belt, ready to step outside the bathroom.

He looked around and smiled, noticing Rufus was already at the terrace, sitting on a chair so he opened the glass door and stepped outside as well.

"Did you enjoy the shower?" the blond man smiled looking at the rune mage.

"Yes, it was really soothing", Freed nodded and he sat down on the other chair.

Sun had started to slowly set, turning the sky orange.

"I have to admit, this is even better place to admire sunset than in that beach", Freed admitted.

"Don't say that", Rufus smiled pulling out two glasses under the little table. "This is just one of the many good places where to admire it", he said and opened a bottle of wine, pouring it to the glasses.

"You even ordered some wine for us", Freed smirked. "How sweet of you."

"But you only get this one glass", Rufus chuckled. "I don't want you to pass out."

"That's fine with me", Freed smiled and they clinked their glasses.

It was really nice, talk this and that while watching the sunset. The clouds burned red and the sea was both dark and bright, glimmering like there were millions and millions of diamonds in it's dark depths.

"So, you were stuck with Master Sting in that wall for the whole night?" Freed asked amused as Rufus was telling one of their old missions when they were younger and not that experienced yet. Of course he couldn't tell everything about the mission but something.

"Yes, that paste was definitely more sticky than we even thought", Rufus laughed slightly embarrassed as he recalled that moment. "It is not fun to hang almost completely upside down, not able to move even a finger. And we couldn't yell to get help, since we definitely didn't want anyone to see us."

"How did you escape then?"

"Rogue and Orga found us in the morning. That is the only time I have heard Rogue laugh that loudly", Rufus chuckled. "And of course they also scolded us, but we deserved it. We were way too careless and didn't find out enough information about our opponent. That man really beat us up and left us out there like a couple of flies stuck in the spiderweb."

Freed laughed when he imagined Rufus and Sting stuck in a sticky paste in a wall, upside down and how Rogue and Orga appeared there. They must have felt utterly humiliated.

"It was not an easy task for them to get us down", Rufus said. "Especially without cutting our hair. But somehow we finally managed to do that and I can tell you, I have never spend more time in the bath than then, trying to scrub that paste off."

"Well, learning the teamwork, it takes time", Freed laughed.

"Oh? So I guess there are some stories about the Thunder Legion's blunders as well?" Rufus grinned looking at Freed and he leaned his chin at the palm of his hand. "I would love to hear something, dear."

"No, I'm not going to tell you", Freed denied chuckling. "I don't want to hear you laughing at me for the rest of my life."

"Hmm... If you really don't want to tell me, that's fine", Rufus said and Freed nodded. "I understand. When we return back to Magnolia, I can talk with Bickslow about this matter."

"It was our second mission together with Bicks and Ever", Freed immediately started. He did NOT want Rufus to hear Bickslow's version of any of their stories. "Bickslow was just running around, not thinking at all what he did and Ever was convinced that she would do so much better without us slowing her down. I did my best to just keep everything together and come up with somekind of a strategy. I will not go into details, but it all ended with all three of us wrapped in ropes and hanging on a tree near Fairy Tail gates and... Uh... Covered in yellow paint and feathers..."