𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒪𝓃ℯ

—𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘—

Young 15 year-old y/n l/n, sat by herself at the dinner table, quietly singing happy birthday to herself. It was 11:57pm, y/n soon was gonna be 16.

What she didn't know was, once you turn 16, the government forces you to be with someone until you fall in love, or you'll die.

It may seem awful but there's a bright side to it. Whoever you get paired with, you get to have a house to live in together.

Not so bad right?

"Happy Birthday to me" Y/n quietly sang, she checked the time, 12:00. She lightly smiled and blew out the candles.

Y/n's family didn't care for her much, they neglected her. Her dad left when her mother was pregnant, he just used her for the sex.

Since y/n's dad did that, he was murdered. And so was y/n's mother.

her parents were also 16 and brought together and it was love at first sight.

But as the years grew y/n's dad got sick of her mother but knew he couldn't do anything so he just used her as a sex toy and didn't treat her like a human.

Y/n also had a sister, the favourite, everyone payed attention to her, not y/n.

The two girl were adopted by a nice couple, but they also neglected y/n and payed attention more to her sister.

They didn't even know it was her birthday.

But the government did.

Y/n grabbed a fork and ate piece of her mini cake, she sat down and put Bob's burgers on as she did so.

She chuckled as a joke was said in the show. She looked over to her arm and saw a mark. 'M' was printed on it.

"What the hell?" She mumbles. She studied the mark and wondered where the hell it came from.

She went over to the sink and quietly turned it on and put her arm under it, rubbing the letter.

It wasn't coming off.

She decided to brush it off and continue to eat her cake and watch her show.

Not knowing what's gonna happen.

Author's Note!
I'm sorry this was short, I normally write more. I'm super excited for this book. It's kinda based off that government soulmate tiktok thing but with my twist on it.

Normally I don't write in third person, so don't be surprised if it changes to first person.

hope you enjoy! <3