!New Team 7!

Two girls ran down an alley, the mob of villages and low ranked Shinobi close on their heels. Shouts of: 'demons', 'bitch', and more names that five years olds shouldn't be called. 

"Come on Naru! Just a little farther!" The red head urged her sister.

The younger of the two was being dragged by her sister. Regularly tripping only to be held up by her sister. Her long blond hair would be their undoing.

A chunin was able to grab hold of a hank, and pulled ruffly. The sound of hair being ripped out of a scalp, and the scream made the horde of mostly drunken men laugh. The two fell. The eldest looked at the crowd, and screamed at them

"You cowards! Picking on two little kids!" 

A punch to her face was the result. She tumbled into her sister's side, and wrapped arms around the girl instinctively. 

"Shut the fuck up demon! It's because you two my Usami is gone!" The drunk man  cried. Fat tears rolling down his face.

The elder narrowed her eyes at the man, holding on tighter to her sister who whimpered into her chest. Kikyo could only pray that one of their Ambu guards would come soon.

From the corner of her eye she saw the one who pulled her sister's hair charge up a jutsu aimed at her sister's head. She pushed her sister to the side just as the jutsu was cast, heading right for her.

....

Kikyo Uzumaki, now twelve years old, was pulled out of bed to get ready for being put on her new genin team.

She had short fire-like hair, and blue eyes like her sister's. She wore a black shirt with an orange Uzumaki swirl on the right shoulder. her shorts had multiple pockets. Her belt had all her weapons and a small holster for a book of her choice. Of course she was unable to see what color her clothes were.

She tied back her hair in a low ponytail. Satisfied, she slowly went down the hall feeling her way with her hand on the wall.

Her sister was in the kitchen making their usual breakfast, Ramen. Naruto could not cook anything other than ramen to save her life. Not from the lack of trying. Just after years of burned food they decided just to stick to what Naruto could do. So ramen.

Kikyo sat down on their lumpy couch and waited for Naruto to be done. "Good morning naru-imouto."

"Morning! Kikyo-ane! How'd you sleep?" Came Naruto's cheerful voice, but they knew it was mainly for kikyo. 

Kikyo would always dream of that birthday. Her last day with her eyes doing their job. Last time she saw her sister, and the last facial expression she saw, hatred. At least it was better than the few times she dreamed of her old life, of him, of her death .

They both knew she wouldn't say what she dreamed about. Would never bring it up. It always started a fight between the two. So she cracked a joke. "I was dreaming of the most gorgeous man you'll ever see! Red hair, teal eyes, hot ass."

A hand clamped over her mouth. "That's gross, Kikyo-ane!" Naruto whined.

Kikyo just giggled. They both plowed through their ramen. She got up and pulled her sister behind her to the door. "Come on! We don't want to be late! It was sheer luck that Iruka Sensei decided to pass you after that stunt you pulled the other night!"

"Okay kikyo-ane, I'm coming." Naru laughed. With that they were out the door. The village felt so peaceful at this time of morning. The villagers were not glaring at her for being the 'demon's sister', or Naruto for being 'the demon brat'. 

She understood they were in pain, but that didn't mean she approved or even liked the villagers. She tolerated them for her sister's sake. She loved Naruto, and would follow her anywhere, even if she went rogue, but that wouldn't happen. Couldn't be Hokage if you're on the run.