hey sister

Sasuke dragged himself out of bed. He looked at the clock, it was 11:00pm. He stumbled through the hall from his room, pulling on a shirt. Scratching the back of his head. He twisted the nobe of the door, opening it. He was shocked that he was the one who had visited him this late.

"Naruto? What's wrong?" she sniffled.

"I didn't know where else to go. Sakura and I have never been that close for things like this. Pervy-sage has gone to look into the Akatsuki. And I don't want to bother Kakashi-sensei with this."

Sasuke looked at the girl in front of him. Her eyes were red, evidence of her crying. Telling her to come in, he stood to the side, allowing the blond in. He guided her to his kitchen. He started going around the kitchen, making himself tea. He looked over his shoulder, "you want some mint tea?"

The girl just nodded. She seemed very somber, which wasn't like her, which worried Sasuke. He set the two finished cups of tea on the table. He sat next to her, and started to sip his tea. No matter how much he was worried he would wait for Naruto to talk first. Which, knowing her, shouldn't take long.

"I found a letter from Kikyo. She left it for me when I came back." the dark haired teen could see how Naruto was taking this. Naruto put a scroll on the table, and gestured to Sasuke to read it. He unrolled it, and read it, and the more he read the more he grew in anger.

"Tsk, how could she do this to you." he asked more to himself than the blond. But Naruto heard anyway, and looked at him in shock. Naruto didn't think he would care so much about her. 'But then I might not be misunderstanding something.'

"Why do you say that?" NAruto asked him, with wide innocent eyes. Sasuke stared at the girl. 'Has dube always been so...kind?'

"She's put you in such a hard place, and this is basically saying that it was because she wanted to!"

"She also said she needed to help people." Naruto' voice was quiet.

"But that came after the 'I want to see the world' thing! This was all because she wanted an adventure!" 'She treated me like I was a paper bomb, like I could kill everyone at any moment, because in a different time I left and tried to destroy the village. But she left now, she is such a hypocrite!'

Naruto looked at Sasuke, dark with anger and guilt. She sighed. "What did she say to you?"

Sasuke wakes from his stupor with her words, eyes wide. "What do you mean?"

Naruto shrugged. "She told me, when we learned she was reborn here, that I was originally a boy." Sasuke looked at the blond, startaled. "It wasn't just that she was reborn in her favorite childhood show, but a parallel version of it. One where the only difference was me, my gender."

"So you're the only difference?" Naruto nodded.

"Yeah she told me that was one of the reasons why she waited so long to tell us. She wanted to make sure that I really was the only difference." Naruto took a long draft of tea, looking at him from the corner of her eyes. Setting down the cup on the table. "Truthfully, she told me that you were my best friend in the first world. So I thought that maybe we won't change."

Sasuke's mind was spinning. 'He looked at the blond next to him. 'She is beautiful.' He didn't understand where this feeling was coming from. Last time he checked he thought of her as a sister. His sister to protect, but now somehow those feelings had changed in those three years Naruto was gone.

"She told me that I had succeeded in killing my brother." Naruto looked at him first with surprise then with sadness, and understanding. She put her arm around his shoulder. He leaned into the touch. "I learned the truth too late and it drove me mad. I tried to destroy the village. Apparently we fought, I lost an arm, we both did."