family bonding

"So how did everyone sleep?" Kikyo asked Obito, eyes on the eggs she was scrabbling. She had heard him and felt his chakra coming down the stairs.

"Everyone in my room was fine. Rin was asleep fast. Kakashi stayed up reading that book." Kikyo chukled. She looked over her shoulder to Obito and gestured for him to come over.

Obito obediently came up next to Kikyo. "Can you cook some bacon, Obi?" 

"Yeah, no problem." He moved to work beside her. This was their morning routine. Kikyo would wake up first, then Obito, and they would cook breakfast for the others.

While putting the bacon in the pan, Obito glanced at Kikyo from the corner of his eye. When he was around Kikyo, he felt calm, and happy. He loved the stories she would tell. Above all, when he thought about working with her, he didn't want to disappoint her.

Obito didn't fully understand what he felt with the young Uzumaki. The closest thing he could come up with was familial love, but not like a sister. He couldn't figure it out, and he didn't want to talk to others about it. He didn't want others to think he was being creepy. He wasn't.

So deep in his thoughts he didn't notice the bacon burning. He was brought back by Kikyo's voice.

"Obito! You're burning them!" He looked at the bacon, surprised and still half in thought. "Let me see that?" He went to move back when his hand brushed the pan. He bit his tongue to stop himself from yelling in pain.

Kikyo whent about putting the bacon on a plate. She put the pan down on the stove. She shook her head. Obito was so spacy, and could easily lose himself in his thoughts. He smiled to herself, even without her there he ended up a bit like her.

She looked at Obito, and instantly noticed him gingery holding his hand. She couldn't help but enter mama bear mode. "What happened?"

He tried to wave it off."Kikyo it's fi-"

"Don't you dare say that young man!" He looked at her shocked.

"I'm not so young you know" she only snorted.

"Yeah sure that's why you're pouting. Come on let me see."

He gave in, holding out his hand for her to see. She quickly saw where it was, the side of his thumb. She nodded. It wasn't too bad, it was going to blister, at least it would have if she wasn't a healer.

She got some water from the faucet. She water bended it over her hand and held it on the burn. The water glowed as she started to heal him. She shook her head again.

"I know you're a grown man, but right now I can't help but see myself when I was young."

Obito blinked. He sat on a stool as Kikyo finished the healing and went back to cooking. Looking at his thumb, he saw it was completely healed.

"You're still young." She snorted.

"Not mentally.  Mentally I'm over thirty."

Obito shrugged, "still don't know if I believe you on that still."

She laughed, spinning to face him, eyes dancing with mischief. "You don't have to, just listen to this old lady and her stories." She gave him a wide smile. It made him crumble and agree to just listen to them. She nodded satisfied, and she went back to cooking.

"Hey Kikyo." She hummed in response. "What were you like when you were 'young' then?

Kikyo sighed, "I was a dreamer" that stuck Obito still. "I was always late, although unlike you wanting to help others, I just would lose track of time. I wanted to be a ninja, and be cool and have a life of adventure. I was hyper. Although mind you," she faced him again, "I also wanted to be a princess, because they got all the good food."