the end

“I'm sorry Naruto, I have to protect all of you.” kikyo tapped into the avatar state, and brought up a thick slab of mud and dirt and covered over the entire army. All of the army was speechless at the show of power that was the avatar’s to command.

Kikyo waited for the light to go away. Then she brought down the earth. “How could you! I was working on this plan for Millenia. “

“You've been lied to, Madara! This jutsu doesn't make pleasant dreams for everyone. It turns them into white zetsu!” Kikyo yells to him across the battlefield.

Kikyo could hear the exasperated sighs behind her. “And you couldn't mention this sooner?” was the most heard. Kikyo shrugged in response. 

“And how would you know?” Kikyo stood straighter.

“Because I'm an otaku! You could die because of this plan!” the sound of his evil laughter was heard by everyone. Then zetsu struck. You could hear Madra scream in pain.

“Oh my goodness what's happening?” Sakura asked beside Kikyo.

“He's being turned into Kaguya.” 

“Who?” Kikyo smiled, she thanked Kami that Narruto never changed.

“The mother of the sage of six paths, Naru.” 

“Everyone stand back me and Naruto will deal with this.” Kikyo heard Sauke’s voice and Kikyo saw her ex’s body fall from the zetsu. 

“Shadow clone jutsu.” Kikyo created two clones. 

One of the three Kikyos pointed at the others. “You get Tom to safety, and you deal with the goddess.” The two KIkyos nodded and ran off to their responsibilities. 

“I said that me and the dube would deal with it.” Sasuke just got a sad apologetic smile. 

“You know it’s a full moon tonight.” Kikyo said in a calm voice. 

“So what?”

The smile that was on Kikyo’s face turned feral. “Not all Bending is accepted in society. Some are thought of as disgusting.” 

Razu understood instantly, a look of horror on her face. “Don't you dare! It is so wrong!”

“I'm sorry, but to protect my precious people. I will do anything.” tapping into the avatar state Kikyo raised her hands. The whole army felt their bodys go riged. Then as Kikyo’s arms went down, they all took a knee in front of her. 

“What are you doing!” Kakashi’s outraged voice was heard loud and clear. 

“I can't let you interfere with the boss, dattebane!” 

“Boss?” Sakura asked. Her mind was spinning, so much wasn't making sense.

“She's a shadow clone. The one fighting Kaguya is the real one, right?”

The smile on Kikyo’s face turned sad. “It won't be much of a fight.”

“She’s a goddess! Kikyo you could die! Believe it!” Naruto sounded desperate. She didn't want to lose her sister.

“I've planned for that.” Everyone froze. 

“What?” Kakashi was the first to get his voice back. They all looked to where the real Kkyo was fighting, but now they all could see that she was doing to Kaguya what she did to them. Kaguya was kneeling in front of her. The real Kikyo put her hands on Kaguya's chest and forehead. 

The clone gave a sad smile, “I love you, guys.” Then the shadow clone popped as the sky turned a mixture of red and blue. 

“Kikyo!” Naruto tried to run to her, but was caught by Razu. 

“You can't do anything. She's already started.”

“What is she doing?” Sakura’s voice was small.

“Soul bending. Kikyo is taking away her bending, but in this case it would kill her since she is nothing but a jutsu. Kiko is purifying Kaguya.'' Everyone caught the heartbreak in Razus voice. 

“Why is it she could die?”

“Only a perfectly pure soul can survive this. Kikyo needs to have an extreme will to live.” 

The sky was losing blue. Till nothing was left. There was only a red sky. Everything stood still for a moment. Then Kikyo and Kaguya fell back. “She's gone.” 

Razu broke down into tears. Sakura hugged Sasuke crying. Sasuke just hugged her back, not sure of what just happened. It just ended so quickly. Naruto stood there in a state of shock. Minato and Kushina were holding each other unsure of what to do, but to cry. Kakashi was just seeing Rin all over again. Kakashi kept his hand on Naruto’s shoulder, in a comforting gesture even though they both needed it. One voice broke the silence. 

“No!” all looked at the young Kazekage. “Kikyo!” Gaara started to run to the two bodys. He ran to the red headed girl, who had just fallen. 

“That baka!” Came Sakura’s cry of anguish. ‘

Gaara turned a withering eye to the pink haired girl. “Don't talk about Kikyo like that! She wanted to protect us!” Gaara, who normally showed no emotion on his face, was crying. Sobs shaking his shoulders. He picked up the body of kikyo genty. Carrying her back to everyone. 

Naruto finally broke out of her shock and ran to meet her friend. “There has to be something we can do!” Naruto yelled. 

“There is nothing you can do young Naruto. Not even that jutsu she invented can bring back a soul that is not here anymore.” Everyone saw an old man floating. 

“Old man six paths! Please there must be something you can do?” Naruto’s voice made every ninja want to help in any way possible. 

“There are three things I could do. First I could do nothing.” There were cries of outrage. From Naruto's friends, and Kikyo’s friends alike.

“Get out of here!”

“You jerk, you should just go to heck(planet of the apes, anyone?)

“You should join your mom in the underworld.”

“She was our friend, how could you say that!”

The sage raised his hands till there was silence. “Second, I could put some of my power into that jutsu that girl made that takes you back in time. That way more than just one could go, six people could go if that is what you choose.” The crowd's reaction today was different this time.

“Wow”

“That is so cool!”

“That girl made such a jutsu? That is amazing!”

“What do you expect? She took on this whole ninja army and kaguya and won!”

“She died, she didn't win.”

“She expected to die so it depends on your point of view.” Sakura's and Minato's cries grew louder at those comments.

“The last and final option is to follow the soul of the girl. She went to a different world and you'll be transported into that world if you follow. It would be those she considers family.” 

Naruto, Rāzu, Sasuke, Sakura, Minato, Kushina, Kakashi, and Gaara all huddled together. There was yelling. Crying. Arguing over what Kikyo would want. They all agreed that Kikyo had lost the right to an opinion when she decided it would be a good idea to sacrifice herself for everyone. 

Finally they came to a decision, Naruto stepped forward with their answer.

"We'll fallow, where ever she is!"