chunnin exams part 2

I first learned I was the avatar when I was five. I was sleeping peacefully in my bed. Dreaming of ramen, mountains of it, and finally beating Naruto in an eating contest. I was setting down my twentieth bowl of ramen when I was somewhere else.

I was on a mountain. The mountain was so high in the sky I was looking at the tops of clouds. The mountain was covered by a thin layer of snow. The sky was cristal. It was at that moment I realized I was seeing, and it was a dream.

I looked around and I was in an old temple. I walked forward. It was beautiful. It had eight spiders and I hiked up the mountain.

"I grew up here." I jumped, looking to my right. There was a man middle aged, walking with me. I hadn't noticed him. I looked behind me to see where he came from: no footprints. Neither mine or the man's footprints could be seen. 'What's going on?'

"You are the youngest Aviator yet to enter our world."

I look at him, and realize something I hadn't before. "Your Avatar Aang! The boy who stopped the 100 year war!"

Aang laughed. "I didn't do much. What i did was with the help of my friends." he looked down at me. "Would you like to go inside?" I nod.

Were suddenly in a room in the temple. There was a pai sho game on the table. Aang gestured to the game. "Would you like to play?" I sat down.

"I'm not very good with games." I say unsurely.

Aang just started to set up the board. He looked at me with knowing eyes. "So why don't we talk about your avatar training."

Ever since then I have been training and working on my earth bending, with the seasonal advice from past avatars, mainly three of them: Aang Kora, and Karura. They all helped me learn how to control my Avatar bending and state.

Now I was standing in front of Gaara half insane from sleep deprivation, and his tailed beast whispering in his head. I took a step forward. He didn't move. The crowd was so quiet. I took a deep breath. Closed my eyes. Gaara wouldn't listen to me, but maybe he'd listen to his mother.

I breathed in and out, in and out.

(Kakashi's Pov)

I stood there amazed. Looking at Kikyo. 'She knows. She knows she's the avatar.' mist was swirling around. I almost jumped in to help, but it had already encapsulated her. It dispersed. I blinked my uncovered eye.

It wasn't Kikyo there. Instead there was a woman who was dressed in Suma clothing. She was short with blond hair and blue eyes. I uncover my sharingan. I had to do a double take. It wasn't a hedge, it was real.

The woman gave Gaara a soft smile. "Gaara, you've grown so much." the women started crying. A single tear. She turned to the other three siblings. "Kankuro! You're so handsome. And Tamari and Razu are so beautiful."

"Mom?" the girl, temari asked, looking shell shocked.

The women smiled sadly. "Yes dear, I'm here. But not for long, only a few moments. I'm sorry but i have to deal with your brother. Ok?" The smile that was given was full of a mothers warmth. I knew then that there was a lot more to being the avatar then having all the elements at you fingertips.

The women walked to Gaara who was backing away. "Stay away!" he looked truly scared. But the woman just kept going. Till she was right in front of Gaara. His sand did nothing, which seemed to scare him even more. She raised her hand and placed it on his head. Patting him soothingly.

"It's okay." She looked at him with nothing less than love in her eyes. "I know you wont understand yet. But I need you to calm down. I love you, your sisters and brother love you. So you need to calm down at least for now." Gaara looked like a skittish rabbit.