XXVII: FALLING

-EDITED-

He didn't know when he started seeing her different.
Different from the Harlots.
He thought she was just like them but she was different.

He didn't know when he started falling for his rival.

She doesn't have a clue when he started to break down her walls ever so slowly... but what if he made her build her walls up higher and tougher than before...

After 3 months of being friends Marinette and Damian got along pretty well. Chloe and Jon were happy for their friends and well they got a lot of fun teasing both of them.
They all happily graduated from GA.

Marinette was now comfortable with the Waynes they saw her like family.
Damian was convinced by Jon and Felix to at least try dating again and that Marinette was worth the shot.

A month later Damian asked Mari out and surprise surprise she said yes and wanted to see how this will play out.

Though we all know that in any relationship there are obstacles and hardships, misunderstandings and problems that the couple will face, but after all these they become stronger.

5 months into them dating and Damian was warming up to the thought of him and Mari being a couple but one time when he was buying a gift for Mari he came across Rachel... and Garfield.

Memories of him and Rachel played in his mind. He shook it off but a few weeks later he and Mari had a little argument. He started comparing her to Rachel.

"Damian you know I'm not like her. We are two completely different people. You can't just compare me to her. When you see it that way you can find me." Marinette said as she left the room.

He was conflicted. When he went to Mari's apartment to talk to her he saw Mari being comforted by a black-blue haired boy. He thought history was repeating himself that his girlfriend was going to replace him with another.
'How long have they known each other?'
'How long have they been seeing each other?'
'Who is this guy?'

When Mari saw Damian she got up and tried to explain but Damian had slammed the door and left right before she could even utter a word.

Little did Damian know that the boy was Marinette's adoptive brother Luka Stone, he came with Kagami his girlfriend to visit Marinette and found her crying. They were comforting her when Kagami had just used the restroom.

A week after that Marinette didn't hear from Damian. She tried to visit him but whenever she was at the manor he seemed like he was avoiding her.

The Waynes had also noticed Damian somewhat reverting back to his cold and dark demeanor.

Another few weeks passed when Marinette was just sitting in her apartment thinking of how she could explain and talk to Damian, she missed him, though she was still upset about her being compared to his ex, she wanted to forgive Damian and just understand him. 'Love truly is cruel....' she thought, 'but love can also be so beautiful.'

Just then Damian knocked on her apartment.
She opened the door to see him and let him enter.

"Mind explaining why I found you here with you wrapped in another boy's arms? Tell me Marinette how long have you been seeing him behind my back? You say that you're not like Rachel but you are..." Damian says as he enters the kitchen area.

"Why are you assuming that I've been cheating on you? That I've been seeing another boy behind your back? I would never. He's-" Marinette ask and was about to tell him that Luka was her brother.

"Right you would never, TT. I'm not blind Marinette!" He said as he grabbed a plate and slammed it on the floor in anger.
What he hoped to be a conversation to fix them was turning into another fight.
He also simply got his phone and took a picture of the now shattered plate, and then sent it to Jon to say that the conversation wasn't going well.