VI: COMFORT (2)

3rd POV

Continuation of Flashback

-Wayne Gala-

Mari had arrived with Jagged, Luka and Penny.
Chloe and Audrey followed, Lastly Kagami and Tomoe.

They entered, Mari and her friends headed to a table filled with food. Of course, as teenagers they had a love for food. (A/N: That's just my opinion but hey who doesn't love food?)

So they at first discreetly took a few, headed to a table, then kept coming back. Amidst their laughter, their parents had interupted saying that they should go and socialize. They did as they were told.

Damian's brothers noticed the four teens and told their youngest brother to go and socialize with the group. Damian was about to argue but noticed a certain bluenette with bluebell eyes and headed to go to the group.

"Excuse me," Damian said tapping Marinette's shoulder.

"Yes?" Mari turned to greet whomever it was but suddenly recognized the pair of forest green eyes from yesterday. "Damian?" She questioned. "Indeed, nice to see you again Marinette," Damian replied. "I agree," was her reply when they heard Chloe faked a cough.

"Oh silly me, Damian these are my friends Chloe Bourgeois daughter of Audrey Bourgeois,
Kagami Tsurugi daughter of Tomoe Tsurugi and Luka Couffaine Stone son of Jagged Stone," she introduced her friends.

"Damian Wayne, though I believe you know who my parent is," Damian introduced himself. "Wait, You're a Wayne? You didn't mention that yesterday," Marinette questioned.
"It slipped my mind I suppose, and you didn't mention your last name yesterday either," Damian countered.
"Forgive me then Monsiuer Wayne, I am Marinette Dupain-Cheng daughter of the best bakers of Paris," she says with a dramatic bow.
Damian slightly smiled at her silliness.

Mari's friends had questioned about what happened yesterday, so Marinette explained and the young group went into easy conversation. Jon Kent, one of Damian's acquaintences as he calls him but Jon insisted that he was his best friend, had joined in on their conversation.

A song came up ensuating a dance, Luka had asked Kagami to dance with him, Jon asked Chloe and Damian asked Marinette.
After the dance Damian's brothers had went up to the group and introduced themselves, Tim noticed that the four were wearing MDC designs. "NO WAY ARE THOSE MDC?! I love her designs, how'd you get her to commission for you?! I have been trying to figure out who she is, Jagged only said that MDC is his honorary niece so I get that she's a she. I would kill to get a commission from her," Tim rambbled, "I had hoped she'd come to the Gala so I would get to meet but I guess I got my hopes too high."

"Oh she's here alright," Chloe said smirking at Mari.
Mari grabbed a bussiness card from a pocket in her dress that is slightly hidden, "Here Tim," she handed him the card. Tim looked at the card in shock the looked at her again, "Hi Tim nice to meet you I'm Marinette Dupain Cheng, just contact my info written on the card and we'll talk about that commission," she said in a volume that only their group can hear and winked then smiled.
Tim was in shock, "Damian please tell me you're going to date her," He said looking at his brother. Dick and Jason laughed when he said that and then Damian along with Marinette blushed. Damian was trying to stop the blush and "Tt-ed" as a reply to Tim's statement.
The rest of the night the Wayne boys and Jon were getting along with Mari and her group.

After the Gala Mari and Damian had exchanged numbers. On Thursday and Friday they hung out and texted a lot. Saturday, Damian had asked if Mari would like to hang with him at the Manor, since Mari was going back tomorrow evening. He also said that Titus missed playing with her.