021

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter twenty-one:I love you !

chapter twenty-one:
I love you !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

TO SAY ATHENA wasn't doing well was an understatement. Once Artemis had taken her home, Athena had immediately locked herself in her room. She knew it wasn't healthy and being this distraught over a boy was stupid, but Ricky wasn't just some boy. He was so much more than that and had managed to break her heart in a million pieces so fast.

Everyone had tried to get her out of her room. Athena's mother and father came to check up on her about every hour even though they didn't know what happened, but she only responded with short sentences or one worded answers. Artemis was there by her side every time she cried again. Violetta had even resorted to trying to physically drag her out once she came back from dress rehearsal with news they would now be putting the show on in the gym at East High. Nothing worked. Athena ignored all of the texts and calls that were spamming her phone. Kourtney, Big Red, Seb, Carlos, Ashlyn, and EJ constantly asked her if she was okay, and Ricky and Nini kept pleading for her to talk to them. She especially didn't look at those ones. It hurt too much.

Athena currently sat at her keyboard, a piece of paper and a pen next to her. She was doing one thing she knew how to do — writing a song. Athena didn't know the title of it and didn't have any other lyrics written on the paper except one, the same line she had said out loud to Ricky: Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me. But it didn't matter that no other lines were written. Whatever words expelled from her would come straight from her broken heart.

She thought for a moment. Athena gently placed her fingers on the keys and played a couple notes to try and find the right ones. She finally settled on a chord that sounded right to her. Athena began to hum a tune under her breath as she played another chord that was higher than the last. Her fingers moved like they had a mind of their own until she finally figured out all the chords she needed to. With a sniffle as tears began to fill her eyes, she started to figure out the lyrics to go along with it.

"I know we weren't perfect," Athena sang softly to herself as she played the chords she had thought off. She paused to think about the next words carefully, and they suddenly came to her. "But I've never felt this way for no one."

That was completely and utterly true. Athena and Ricky weren't perfect. Not even close. Their relationship was new and they were trying to figure out how their dynamic changed from going from friends to lovers. But if Athena knew one thing, it was that the way her heart raced and how butterflies fluttered around her stomach hadn't happened with anyone else besides Ricky. She had felt it for years. Athena had tried to get other crushes and ignore it, but she couldn't. Ricky was truly the only one she had feelings for.