015

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter fifteen:doing what they do best !

chapter fifteen:
doing what they do best !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

TWO HOURS AND one sheet of chocolate chip cookies later, Athena and Ricky were laying on her bed together upstairs in her room. A plate of cookies rested on her nightstand and every so often the two would eat one. Ricky was resting on his back with his head on Athena's lap, absentmindedly strumming a couple of chords on his guitar. Meanwhile, Athena was sitting up against her headboard while writing lyrics to a new song called Edge of Great down on a piece of paper.

"Sometimes we gotta lean, lean on someone else," Athena mumbled to herself as she wrote down the words from her head. "To get a little help, until we find our way. I believe, I believe that we're just one dream—"

Ricky strummed another chord. "Hey, Athena?"

"Hmm?" she hummed, looking from her piece of paper to him.

"Do you think that everything will work out?"

"You mean with the musical?" Athena asked. "I hope so."

"No, I — um, I meant with us."

Athena tensed slightly. She was not expecting that question. Athena set her piece of paper and pencil down, leaving Edge of Great discarded to the side for now. She gestured for him to sit up, and Ricky obliged, setting his guitar off to the side. Both of them sat with their legs crossed underneath them while facing each other.

"Artemis told me something the night of Homecoming," Athena admitted. "She said you wouldn't have asked me as more than friends if you weren't confident that a relationship would work between us. And . . . I believe her."

Ricky shrugged. "I asked you because it felt right. There wasn't anybody else I wanted to go to Homecoming with."

Athena tilted her head at him. "Even Nini?"

"Even Nini," Ricky confirmed. "I really did like her, but I think the back of my mind was always telling me it was you that I wanted to be with."

She smiled gently. "You were always the one I wanted to be with, too. So . . . the answer is yes, Ricky. I do think things will work out between us. At least I hope they do." She then held her pinky out to him. "But I did promise you that you would always have me no matter what. Whatever happens between us, let's promise that we'll always be there for each other, okay?"