Chapter Sixteen: The Naberius

(My pov)

Why me? Why am I being punished too? He just had to put Bariyons on our laps. To make things worse he put me next to Rin, who is huffing and puffing. "All right, class have you repented your actions?" Yukio asked. "Why us too?" Shima asked, struggling to breathe. "It's called collective possibility. One reason for this camp to deepen the ties between your students." Yukio explained. "I don't wanna get along with these losers!" Izumo yelled. She looked at me to make sure I knew that not all of us are losers. "Well, it's a problem if you don't. No exorcist can fight alone," Yukio said, "you must use each other's strengths and offset their weaknesses," Kone explained. "You will usually fight in parties of two or more," I added, "if you don't cohere in battle, the result will be much worse than this. Think about that. I'll be gone on a mission for about three hours," Yukio explained as he headed towards the door. "No, don't leave," I whined, "I have too because of the ghoul attack yesterday. I'll lock up every way in and out of the dorm and place it under heavy wards," Yukio reassured us. "Yeah, somehow I don't feel safe," I said as I push the rock off me. "Lock? Then how do we get out?" Bon asked, "you don't. You stay here, cool off and get along until I get back, " Yukio said while leaving. "Three hours?! He's the devil," Shima said as if he just got dumped by the love of his life. "I can't do this anymore," Bon complained, "drop your rock already," I stated while standing up. "Well, at least we know who to blame, " Bon said in anger as he stared at Izumo. "You grabbed me first!" Izumo said, "you started it!" Bon yelled in anger as he got up. "No more fights with me in the middle!" Rin yelled. I can tell he was getting annoyed and scared. I sat back down but on the other side of the room, I don't wanna be in the middle of them either. "You've got a rotten personality" Bon scoffed. "Bon" I whispered, "tell me something I don't know!" Izumo yelled, she looked like she was gonna cry. "No wonder people run away from you," Bon insulted, "Bon!" I yelled. All of a sudden the lights go out. I get up and head for the door, as did Shima. "I like stuff like this, it's a real test of courage," Shima said as he opens the door, he closes the door. "Are my eyes bad or did I just," Shima was cut off by Bon. "It was real!" Bon yelled, the Naberius burst through the door. Shima had a chance to run unlike me, the door hits me and throws me to the wall. I push the crappy door off me and look at my arm. Stupid door, I tore my shirt so that I could wrap my cut. "(Y/n)!" I heard my friends scream, "forget about me, Shiemi!" I yelled. "Right! Una-una! Quick Nee!" Shiemi commanded. As soon as they made a wall, I ran out the door. I ran into the power room, maybe I can turn the lights back on. I the hear someone coming and quickly hide behind something. It was Rin, "oh thank god it's you," I sighed in relief.  "There you are! help me flip all the switches on," Rin instructed. As I got out of my hiding I noticed that Rin has gone quiet. I look at him and boy was it disgusting. A tongue wrapped around Rin's face and threw him off the railing. The Naberius then faced me and tried taking a swing at me. Someone else is here, I can feel it. The Naberius started charging at Rin. "(Y/n)! I'll take care of this go to the others!" Rin yelled as he struggled to dodge all the attacks. "No! Pass the damn sword," I ordered, he didn't argue and tossed it to me. I quickly run to cut off the Naberius legs, once I completed that I threw the sword back to Rin. "You take care of the rest while I go back to the others," I said. I ran back to the room but stopped in an empty hallway. If I don't take off the ring, I won't change into my normal form. The ring can only handle so much so if Rin keeps his sword out for too long then its game over. I kept walking as I played with the ring. I found the other Naberius already made its way through the shield Shiemi made. I quickly character crawl through the Una-una wall. Once I made my way through Shima hit me on the head with his staff. "What the hell! Shima!" I yelled as I rubbed my head, "sorry," he apologized sheepishly. Suddenly Shiemi fainted and the Una-una wall disappeared. Shima stabbed the demon but that didn't work. "Shima, pass me your staff," I ordered, he threw me the staff. Man, I  really have to get a weapon. Kamiki made her two Byakko attach the Naberius, but to no avail. As the Naberius drew closer to Bon, who is still chanting, I ran in front of him. "Don't mess with us," I said as I got ready to kill it. From the dark lord himself, take this demon back to hell, I then stabbed the demon in the chest. "The world itself could not contain the books that should be written!" Bon chanted as the Naberius disappeared. Rin came in saying: "hey, you guys all right?" "Sure, where's the other one?" Bon asked. "I defeated it," Rin said, I coughed in annoyance, "(y/n) helped too," Rin added. "You guys beat the other one? That's pretty cool?" Rin said. Bon then punched Rin, why are they always fighting. Yukio came in and asked: "what's going on here?" Then Mr. Neuhaus came in, its him! He was the other presence I felt!

-edited-