Chapter Twenty-Two: Lanterns

(My pov)

We were walking in the forest with our luggage on our backs, when a damn bug bit my leg. Lets just say I yeeted that bug. Rin and I were so exited, we were all jumpy and hyper. "I thought we were training to be exorcists...but we're marching like we're in the army!" Bon wined, "I'm dying..." Kone whined, "so heavy...so hot" Shima said while huffing. "Ooh! A waterfall!!" Rin and I yelled while running towards it. "Look! A little waterfall! It's so cute" I exclaimed while putting my hands in it. "Can I drink it?" Rin asked, "no, Rin" Yukio said. I stuck may head in the water and threw some at Yukio, he simply gave me a glare and cleaned him glasses. We finally made it to the camp site. You already know me, I ran around like an idiot. "It's been so long!" I exclaimed while falling to the ground. I may have gotten my uniform dirty but who cares! We're with nature. This is going to be so much fun!

The boys had to set up camp while the girls had to draw a magic circle around the whole camp. I already drew half of the whole circle because the rest of the girls were taking their time. Now we just have to make some dinner in the kitchen. Shura was playing a video game and Shiemi and Kamiki were just trying to figure things out. The two were so slow on how to cut a damn potato. I cut up the potatoes like a pro and put them in a pot full of stew. This is about to be tasty as hell... if the other girls knew how to cook. "You know what, let me do this" Rin said pushing the rest of the girls out of the kitchen in irritation. "Where'd you learn how to cook?" I asked, "well it's a long story, but to make it short I cooked for my family. How about you?" Rin asked, "well if you live with seven men you got to know how to cook" I joked. "Okay, so chop up some meat and I'll do the carrots" I instructed, Rin nodded as an agreement. We focused on out cooking until the curry was finally done.

Everyone was enjoying it so much that they had more than one bowl. Shura was drinking beer again, getting drunk in the process.  "(Y/n), you want some?" Shura asked, her breath reeking of beer, "no, I think I'm good" I replied. She grabbed my mouth and pored a can of beer in my mouth, she made me swallow it after. I coughed and glared at her, she simply smiled. "Now that dinner is over, I will explain tonight's training" Yukio said, "I double dare you!" Shura yelled, drunk off her ass. I already feel drunk and it was only my first can. I got up but only to fall on Kone. "Oops, I'm so sorry Kone" I apologized, getting up. "Woo! Get some Kone" Shima said, giving him a nudge and a wink. I simply ignored him and tried walking towards Yukio.

We were all around the circle ready to run. Although my drunk ass was wobbling ready to fall. "On your mark get set..." Yukio shot his gun and everyone ran. I stood there for awhile and walked into the forest. Heading straight for the waterfall to drink some water. I just sat near the water and cupped my hands, getting some water to drink. As it ran down my throat I could tell I was sobering up. Time to get up and walk some more. Didn't Yukio say that exorcist never work alone? That means that these lanterns must huge and if it's huge then that means we have to work together! It was a test! Maybe if I go find the others, I can find a- "ow! who the hell- it's a lantern!" I said with excitement, rubbing my head from the impact. "(Y/n) is that you?" Kone asked coming out of the bushes, "the one and only" I replied with a smile. "Kone, look at this lantern, it's huge!" I exclaimed, "but why are they huge?" Kone asked, "because it was a test, Mr. Okumura said that an exorcist never works alone" I explained. "Oh! I get it now, so we should get the rest of the gang" Kone said, "alright I'll go find them and you text Bon" I instructed. I ran into a direction hoping to see if I could find the rest of the guys, but as I was running I heard someone yell. I know that voice! "Shiemi!" I yelled  walking toward the sound. I found Rin and Bon with her. "Hey (y/n)" Rin greeted, holding Shiemi. Shiemi was awake but had blood trailing down her forehead, she must have fallen and hit her head. Just then there was rustling in the bushes and a beam of light came out of it. I closed my eyes and grabbed Shiemi from Rin when he said "get down!" "Eek!" Shiemi yelled, I heard a whack of a stick. Shima! Shut off your light!" Bon yelled. I got up and tried helping Shiemi get up. "Bon?!" Shima yelled through the flashlight in his mouth, "what are you all doing here?" Shima asked, he no longer had the flashlight in his mouth, "what're you doing here" Bon asked. There was a long pause, "there were moths all over me...and then I..." Shima paused as he shivered with disgust. "Oh, right. You hate bugs" Bon said, "aww Shima is scared of itty bitty bugs" I teased, "am n-not" he said. I quickly grabbed a moth gently by the wings, "so if I put this near you, you won't scream?" I put the moth near his head, he was trying not to scream. "Ah! Get that thing away from me!" Shima screamed, I let the moth go, "bye bye little buddy" I said with a smile. Bon got a text from Kone, giving the location of the lantern. Now that we're at the lantern with Kone, we started figuring a plan. I walked around the lantern, examining it thoroughly. So this lantern goes after girls? I was lost in thought that I didn't even notice that Kone finished explaining the plan, "(y/n) come on and help us!" Bon said as he put a seal on the lantern. "Alright I'll help Rin" I said, making my way towards him. As we pulled the lantern we stopped suddenly.

-Edited-