Chapter Eighteen: Bottle Of Water

(My pov)

I became an Esquire! I didn't even know I was a Page. I thought I was just a normal student. Rin and I were walking home with the hot sun in the sky, thank god I'm wearing a tank top and jean shorts. "Man, it's too hot" Rin whined as he ripped open an ice cream wrapper. He can't handle a little bit of heat, in Gehenna, it was lava hot. I remember when Amaimon pushed me in a lava pit, I sometimes wonder how I'm still alive. "Not good, this is killing me. I've got to eat it before it melts," he said as he then ate it while he made the weirdest sounds. "Nothing beats a nice cold ice cream in the summertime," Rin said. "You know what? I'm just gonna fly back to the dorm," I stated. I took off my ring and put it in my pocket. As soon as my wings came out, I took off. "I'll see ya at the dorm!" I yelled as I flew away.

(Rin pov)

As she takes off a wave of air hits me, it feels so good. I kinda wish I had wings. As I enter the room I see (y/n) on Yukio's bed doing homework. I noticed her wings were gone, she must have the ring on. "Welcome back," Yukio greeted, "I can't believe how hot this room is. This is a rich kids school, they could at least give us an AC," I whined. "This place is vacant, it's not like you and I grew up with air conditioning, so having a fan should be enough," Yukio said, "I agree," (y/n) said. "I'm telling you," I warned, "never mind that Rin, did you get my mineral water?" Yukio asked with his usual poker face. "I forgot! You know how easy it is to overlook water. Since its transparent. Hey, wanna have one of my ice candy?" I asked, hoping he'd be willing to forgive me. "No, I'm good. I'll go get it myself later on," Yukio said as he sighed. "Here you go Yukio" (y/n) said handing him a water. "I remember what you told us before we left, he spent all the money you gave him, so I bought you the water with my money," (y/n) explained. I then sat down in my chair.

(My pov)

"What a drag it is to spend a Sunday afternoon on homework! After all, I went through to become an Esquire," Rin whined, "this feels no different from being a Page, and according to this Esquires are just a bottom feeder! Where are you on this, Yukio?" Rin asked as he had a book that shows the levels. "Middle first class," Yukio said still looking at his papers, "Middle first class, that's it?" Rin said pointing at it on the list. "You're no hotshot either!" Rin yelled in excitement, "I shouldn't have to hear that from you," Yukio said. "What the hell does it take to make it to this paladin thing at the very top? I can't wait to go on missions and get some experience!" Rin said, "the rank of a paladin is only given to a single exorcist. They don't give it to just anyone and we're not sending you on any missions for the long time," Yukio explained. Rin looked confused, "you never listen to orders and you're always acting like a loose cannon. Not to mention that you can't even seem to run a simple errand without the help of others," Yukio said. "I said I was sorry!" Rin argued, "it's not just that, its that the way you fight! You rely on Satans power, you shouldn't be so quick to reach for that sword and you need to stop using yourself as a shield when you're out of options! If you don't stop Satans power will consume you completely," Yukio explained in anger. "Who gives a damn, everyone was saved, right? Don't lecture me like that old fart did!" Rin argued back. I kinda wish I had siblings. "I'm saying this to help you out, Rin! I'm speaking for dad!" Yukio said, "Like that old fart was ever sensitive!" Rin yelled, "calling him old fart is as if you're still a child, how long are you going to act like a rebellious teenager? Isn't it time you grew up?!" Yukio yelled in anger. "How long are you gonna act like a big shot? Just because you're so smart, don't get carried away cause (y/n)'s crushing on you!" Rin yelled. I felt my cheeks heat up, how did I get involved in this. "Why are you bringing up (y/n) all of a sudden? Plus, (y/n) is not crushing on me, and I'm not carried away!" Yukio said in anger. Why are they talking about me? I'm right here guys. "Oh yes she is! You can't see that? Even with those glasses on? You're a real moron, four eyes!" Rin said, "moron? You can't insult me like that, not when you can't even run a simple errand properly without someone's help!" Yukio said, "you're still thinking about that? Get over it!" Rin yelled. "You have no knowledge or skills for being an exorcist! Try using your head more!" Yukio explained. "What'd you say? Damn four eyes!" Rin said while hitting Yukio's glasses off his face, they hit the wall and fell perfectly on Yukio's head. Rin couldn't stop laughing, "it's a miracle!" Rin yelled, Yukio got pissed, "it's not funny!" Yukio said. Just then Yukio's phone went off, please let it be a mission. "So you think I have a crush on Yukio?" I asked Rin, "well, yeah," Rin said. "Can I see your pencil?" I asked as he handed me his pencil and I threw it at his head. "Well, was it a mission?" I asked Yukio, he nodded in response. "Can I come," I asked, "sure" he responded. "You let her go but not me!?" Rin yelled in confusion, "fine, come on," Yukio said as he used his key and with that, we left.