Chapter Thirteen: Infirmary

(My pov)

"(Y/n) and Paku!" Mr. Tsubaki yelled. I slid down the cement wall as Paku took the metal ladder. I put in my earbuds and listened to a good song, to get me in the running mood. As Paku and I ran, I could sense the Reapers heart beat. He is getting tired of running. Poor creature, I look back at it but see Paku trip over her own feet. How could you be so clumsy! I ran as fast as I could to her and stood in front of her. Making sure to protect her. "Pull the lever!" Rin shouted, "it's stuck!" Mr. Tsubaki yelled back in panic. The Reaper scratched my stomach and it was bleeding pretty bad. I cant breathe, someone do something. The Reaper was finally pulled back into its cage. Everyone came running over, yelling my name. I fell to my knees, my vision started to fade. "(Y/n)!" I heard multiple people yell. "Help," I whispered as I fell onto my back. Am I dying? I swear to god if I die this way I'll come back as a ghost and kill that damn Reaper. Wait... will I go to heaven then? Is it finally time? Will I go back to hell?

(Rins pov)

Oh god, oh god, I can't believe she did that. What if she dies? Is it even possible for her to die? "Rin, she'll be okay," Shima said as he put a hand on my shoulder. "She's in the schools hospital!" I yelled. "Everyone! Class is dismissed!" Yukio instructed as he walked toward me. "Rin, you'll come with me to visit her during visitor hours" Yukio whispered to me. After everyone left class, I ran to the hospital. Once I got there I noticed everyone else was here too. We were all outside of (y/n)'s hospital room. I sighed and leaned back against the wall. Then a nurse came out saying: "She's okay, she just had a few deep cuts. She had to get a few stitches but she will be fine. She'll wake up soon, so you may go in and see her." She bowed and simply walked away. As soon as she turned the corner, we all rushed in. "Hey guys," she said in a soft voice, "Oh thank goodness you're okay," Kone said. "How are you feeling?" Bon asked as he sat in the chair next to her bed. I glared at him and walked to the other side of her bed. I grabbed her shoulder and smiled.

(My pov)

It's all white... am I dead? God... my stomach hurts so much. I opened my eyes only to see a white room and a nurse. She explained to me what they did to help me survive. I thanked her and watched her leave. The door opened again and it was the gang. I greeted them and they asked how I was. I should lie and not make them worry.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I said as I tried sitting up. Out of no where Mephisto came through the window. I don't know if he has to pay for the broken window but that's one way to make an entrance. "What happened?! Are you okay?!" Mephy asked, running up to me. "Nothing just a few scratches," I explained, "wait, why's the clown here?" Rin asked. "He's just being a good principal" I explained. "Ah yes, I must always make sure my students are doing fine after being hurt on school grounds" Mephisto explained. "Okay, anyway, you should get some rest (y/n)," Kone insisted, "yes sir," I said saluting him in a playful way. Everyone let out a small laugh and smiled at the fact that I was perfectly fine. "Alright, well, see you later (y/n)" Bon said as he and his friends left the room. After Bon, Shima, and Kone left, Paku and Izumo came in. "Thank you so much for saving me!" Paku said as she hugged me. Izumo simply nodded and pouted. "I'll leave you to rest but thank you so much for saving me" Paku thanked again. "I owe you one" Izumo said as she dragged Paku out of the room. The only people left in the room are Mephy, Yukio, and Rin. "Why did you do it (y/n)?! You could have been killed!" Mephisto yelled in anger, "but I didn't" I stated with a sly smirk. "Still!" Mephisto yelled out in pure anger, he even made sure to show his fangs as he yelled. "Well, anyway, how long was I out?" I asked, "three years," Rin said as he tried holding back a laugh. "You weren't asleep for much, just an hour" Yukio explained as I hopped out of bed. "Alright, let's go home," I said while stretching and cracking my knuckles. Rin and Yukio nodded in agreement and hugged me out of happiness. "Bye Mephisto," I said while running out of the room with the Okumura brothers. As we walk towards the dorm, I tripped on a tree root and I had to use my hands to stop me from falling. I would normally use my wings but my back is covered in bandages. After the incident with that plant demon, I had to get medical attention. I hope I can still fly like I used to. God, I'm starting to get tired, it's already night time. "Why did you do it?" Rin asked, "do what?" I asked. "You know, save Paku," Rin said, "because," I said. I didn't really want to tell him why. "Because what?" Rin asked, "because all my life I've been seen as villain and have been told that... that's who I was meant to be" I explained. "But here I am... being a hero, the good guy I've always wanted to be" I added. "Wow that's awesome!" Rin shouted, looking amazed by what I told him. "Alright, now, get some rest you guys," Yukio said while holding the door of the dorm open for us. I hugged Yukio quickly and then I ran to my room and jumped on my bed. As soon as I relaxed my body I drifted off to sleep.

-Edited-