Chapter Twelve: My Familiar

(My pov)

After some classes I finally have a class with Mr. Neuhaus. The one who teaches magic seals and summon familiars. Izumo was the first to actually summon something. She summoned two white foxes. What beautiful creatures. Shiemi summoned a baby green man. I felt bad that Rin and the others didn't know how to summon anything. It was finally my turn to summon something. I think I can call one of Satan's pet from Gehenna. Hopefully, he doesn't get angry with me if I borrow one. I bit my thumb and made sure to put the blood on the paper. "From Gehenna, you shall awake, let this be known as our faith. Angels hear my voice, for together we rejoice" I chanted. All of a sudden an angel wolf thing busted from the paper. "Well done (L/n), a high-level demon," Mr. Neuhaus said. I bent down to pet my new companion and as I pet his neck I felt a collar. The tag didn't have a name on it but on the back there was writing. "Be good my child. He is your familiar now" I read to myself. What should I call you? "My name is Kyōdaina ōkami," my familiar said. I looked around to make sure no one heard him. I think I'm the only one who is able to understand him. "I'll call you Kyo" I smiled as I kissed his nose. I should tattoo this magic circle on me. I'd be easier than carrying a piece of paper... but not very smart. After a while of petting Kyo, I said my goodbye and ripped the paper. Izumo was glaring daggers at me when I looked at her. I gulped and prayed the bell would ring. Lucky for me, my prayers were answered. 

It was finally gym time with Mr. Tsubaki. I made sure to wear something comfortable and something I can run in. I walked in and every boy was looking at me, was something wrong with my outfit? All I was wearing was a tank top and shorts. Rin got a small nose bleed and looked away. Isn't this normal gym wear? "You got a little something there," I said pointing to his bloody nose. "Anyone got a tissue?" Rin asked as he ran up to people asking for a tissue. "Hi (y/n)!" Shima said with a small smirk. "Hi, Shima" I replied with a small laugh. "Where's Kone?" I asked, "right here," Kone said. I turned around and there he was, behind me. "Hi, Kone," I said as I patted his head with a smile. I looked around for Bon and I saw him arguing with Rin. What is it with those two? They're always fighting. Guess I'll have to go break them up. I ran over to them and yelled: "Alright you two! Break it up!" "Alright students, let me go over the rules!" Mr. Tsubaki yelled from where he was standing. I honestly tuned him out, but from what I understood, was that you shouldn't let the frog get you. "Alright, first up we have Shima and Konekumera!" Mr. Tsubaki yelled as they went down the stairs. I decided to sit down on the edge after the two went their separate way. I'll have a better view of them from up here. "Hey, I'm sorry that I hit you. It wasn't on purpose" Rin explained as he scratched his head awkwardly. "It's okay, what's not okay is that you told Bon and his friends that you and I aren't friends," I said as I crossed my arms and gave him a nasty mean glare. "Well, you are my friend and so is Shiemi," Rin said as he hugged me. I smiled and laughed softly as I said: "Good." "One more thing, don't take out your sword when others are around, okay?" I asked. He simply smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Something tells me that he's not gonna follow my orders. I sighed, I guess I will just have to hide if he draws his sword. 

(Rin pov)

After giving her my signature thumbs up, I decided to ask: "Why." "Because ever since I touched that sword my true form is being controlled by it. I really don't wanna reveal my true powers to these people" she explained as she laid back on the hard cement. I sat down next to her, "so what you mean is that when I take my sword out, you'll burst into blue flames?" I asked. "Well kinda. I burst into (f/c) mixed in with the blue flames. Also, my tail, fangs, and halo appear," she explained. She opened her mouth to show me her fangs and said: "these don't seem to be going away though." I smiled and laughed, "You look beautiful with them," I said softly to myself. She looked at me and we locked gazes. "You have pretty eyes" she said, I blushed and looked away, "I get them from my mother" I explained. "Your mother must have been beautiful" she whispered, I smiled but stayed silent. I haven't talked about my mother in a while. "Okumura and Sugero!" Mr. Tsubaki yelled. I got up and slid down the walls as Bon climbed down the stairs. Alright, let see who can win this thing. I looked over at him and he simply scoffed. I smirked and whispered: "Get ready to get your ass handed to you."

-Edited-

(Credits for the picture used go to the original owner)