~Part 2: Chapter 32~

Zedlin

Fùck this place, I was outta here.

I took in a deep breath and sat on my bed with my personal box in my lap, ready to see the guard to escort me out of this shítty cell for the last time.

I vowed here and now to never end back up in another cell for as long as my son lived. I couldn't do this shít anymore and he shouldn't have to live through that again either.

My hand reached up and robotically rubbed my short head of hair. Thanks to Zach's nasty ass, I caught lice from him a couple months back and the doctor didn't even try to save our hair — just shaved our shít right off.

I hadn't had a haircut this short in a very long time and all I could think was if Sienna would like it. I wanted to give her space as she asked and Brad agreed it could strengthen our relationship, so I cut it all off.

Our communication, that is. Just for my last couple months to give us both clear heads.

Two months ago I stopped video calling her and I only video called my son and my dad. I hadn't seen her face or really talked to her in two months. I'd hear her voice in the background, but I was respecting her rules and also creating my own.

It was actually nice. Distance made the heart grow fonder or some shít like that I had read somewhere. And it was true, because although I was so hype to see my son, my heart pounded even harder to know that I was going to see the woman who had put up with a lot from me. I wasn't easy to deal with and all she craved was love and respect.

I was gonna work on that shít like crazy. I had to show her I was different from this experience. That this wasn't a waste of our time.

"Hayes, let's go," a guard yelled through the cell bars.

I stood up and without even a goodbye to Zach, I walked out the doors with my box in hand. The guard escorted me down many halls before I got to the main room where they had made me strip and took all my belongings when I first arrived.

They returned everything to me and I couldn't help the huge shít eating grin that was spread onto my face. The day was finally here — again.

Freedom.

*

Sienna

"Are you excited?" I smiled widely at my son, who was bouncing around with joy. He could barely contain himself.

His dad was coming home.

I had on the other hand had a mixture of emotions. My heart leapt for joy, but my stomach was in knots.

Zedlin had been gone for so long and I wasn't sure exactly how my plan was going to go when he was back within my reach of physical touch.

That's what always got me into trouble. His mouth and his hands. He'd touch me and I just melted into a puddle.

Couldn't be how this shít worked anymore. I was focused and nothing would change that. He'd have to show me he wanted me.

"Daddy's gonna be so happy! I can show him my room for real and he can play with me."

I smoothed down his blonde hair, "Well, daddy may have to stay at his house for a little while."

My heart tore into two as Nathan's face fell and he started to rub his eyes, "Daddy's not coming to live with us?"

"Oh, he will baby! Daddy's not ready and mommy's a little nervous. I haven't seen daddy in a very long time. I need time to get to know him again. You understand?"