Afterword

Marahas akong napatayo kasabay nang pagkawala nang malulutong kong mura nang pinutol n’ya ang linya. Sinubukan ko muli itong ikonekta ngunit hindi na. Tila pinatay o sinira n’ya na ang Walkie Talkie.

Fear slowly cloaked my system. She can’t be there. She can’t...

“What happened?” M inquired with a worried look, while holding a record book.

“I need to find her. Damn that friend of yours M! She’s being herself again!” I uttered with my voice shaking in fear. I’m afraid that she’s being that stubborn and heroic woman again. Oh no you can’t do that to me baby...

“What?” Gulat na wika ni M. She knows her friend more than I do, and I’m sure she know what I mean when I said that Eury is being herself again.

“You gotta move Stinks. Stop her,” I immediately edged my way towards the exit of the hospital. My eyes automatically veered on the surrounding looking for the chopper and when I saw the pilot smoking, I immediately drag him towards the chopper’s control wheel.

“This is urgent. Let’s go to the base!” Agad s’yang tumango saka sinimulang paliparin ang chopper.

While I am inside the chopper I can’t help but to feel the loud and fast pounding of my heart. It’s like it’s going to explode. Pakiramdam ko ay naulit muli ang kabang naramdaman ko noong na sa Vietnam s’ya.

I know my fiancé too well. I know how she thinks. I know how frustration can easily keep a hold of her. I know that her principles can drag her either to her victory or to her downfall.

Fvck! I shouldn’t allow that damn Chinese soldier to got me. Maybe I was able to get back with my men, and maybe Eury won’t be there in the battlefield. Hindi ko mapapatawad ang sarili ko kung sakaling may mangyaring masama sa kan’ya. I swear I’ll loose my sanity.

Oh God please...

Confusion hit me when we reached the base. The aircrafts are already flying, the marines and army are already busy preparing their self for the war. But why the heck there are already aircrafts? And the mother plane, it carries the largest bomb so why the heck it is used now? Ang lahat ng eroplano ay patungo na sa direksyon kung saan nakatalaga ang battlefield.

The moment the chopper landed, I immediately find my way towards the office. Sumaludo sa ‘kin ang mga sundalong nakakasalubong ko habang hawak nila sa kanilang mga kamay ang kanilang mga baril, kumpleto na rin ang kanilang kasuotan pandigma.

“WHERE IS THE PRESIDENT?!” My voice thundered around the four corners of the office. I caught everyone’s look of hesitation and shock.

“General,” my upper called me in a soothing voice.

There’s something in his eyes that adds the confusion I feel, and it gives me some clues of what’s going on. But I could hardly accept those.

“Where the fvck is the President? Answer my damn question everyone!” I stare at them with authority. Hindi ko na inalintana ang katotohanang kaharap ko ngayon ang opisyal na s’yang may pinakamataas na ranggo sa larangan ng sandatahan.

“Tone down your voice General, you’re talking to your upper!” He warned me with his usual voice full of authority, but it didn’t bother me. The hell with his position! I’m asking where is my fiancé now!

“Just answer my damn question sir. WHERE IS MY FIANCÉ!?” I retorted. Bigla n’yang inalis ang tingin mula sa ‘kin. Tinitigan ko ang lahat ng naroon. Hanggang dumako ang tingin ko kay Espana, nakatingin siya sa ‘kin ngunit nang tumama ang paningin ko sa kan’ya ay agad s’yang tumungo.