Chapter 26

Sanctuary

I've been living in a world full of guns, in a world of principles. Where myself don't exist.

When I lost my family, I vowed to myself that I'll protect and help other's to the best that I can do.

I entered the world of politics, for justice. And in this world myself doesn't exist more. Where others' sake comes first before mine.

However, when I lost my family I lost myself too. And living and continuing this life would be meaningless if I'll focus on myself. I vowed to myself that I'll survive this life and always be there to help people.

But this green-eyed General right here. The man with emerald eyes made me feel that I'm alive. He made me feel that I'm valued and loved.

Because of him reality got me. Reality hit me, I became so selfish by always thinking other's sake.

Sa bawat pagtulong ko at sa bawat paglalagay ko sa buhay ko sa panganib, ay hindi ko alam na may isang tao akong nasasaktan.

I became so selfish! Hindi ko man lang inisip ang mararamdaman n'ya sa bawat kilos ko. Masyado akong nagpadala sa emosyon ko at sa kagustuhang makatulong, to the point where I became selfless and at the same time selfish.

Hindi ko inaasahang makikita ko ang mga luha n'ya. At hindi ko inaasahang ako mismo ang dahilan nito.

He cried because he's afraid of losing me. What kind of girlfriend I am?

Hindi ko inisip ang mararamdaman n'ya. God! I'm a horrible girlfriend and a selfish one!

" I'm sorry General. I'm so sorry b-baby, I'm sorry."

I gently held his face with my trembling hands as I stare at his glimmering eyes.

"Natatakot ako baby. Natatakot ako na tuluyan mong makalimutan ang presensya ko sa buhay mo. I'm afraid that you'll reach your peak. I'm afraid that the day will come that you'll thoroughly leave me. And I can't handle that baby. Mababaliw ako."

He whined like a boy. But the tone of pain and fear in his voice weakened my heart.

"When I don't know you yet, my world was nothing but a plain grey. But then I saw you, the dauntless woman. The woman with her principles, you brought the light of my life again baby, which I lost when my mother died. I admire you for being selfless, you always think of others's sake before yours." He added with the same tone.

He held my cheek with his hand, while he keeps on talking. Showering me with his sincere words.

"I admire you for that baby. Pero natatakot akong isang araw ay iyon mismo ang magiging dahilan para mawala ka sa 'kin. At akala ko ay nawalan na naman ako. Akala ko kanina tuluyan ka nang inagaw sa 'kin. Baby, it's so hard to love a woman which life and the world is my rival. I'm afraid that my life will be coloured with plain grey again. I want assurance baby," he gently planted a kiss on my eyes, to my forehead, to the edge of my nose, to the side of my lips, to my chin and lastly to my lips.

He kissed me desperately. I can feel his longing, his fear, and his love on it.

"I won't baby, I won't leave you I promise," I said when our lips departed.

Hindi ako marunong mangako. At kailanman ay ayaw ko ng mga pangako.

But I have to say it, I have to do it. S'ya ang kauna-unahang taong pangangakuan ko, at sisiguraduhin kong hindi ako mabibigo sa unang pangako na binitiwan ko.

To think, our relationship, were far different from others. Walang pinagkaiba ang trabaho namin.

I was once a soldier and I know the risks of being in that field.