Chapter 16

The unexpected rendezvous

When he blinked his eyes once again, showing me the most precious emerald I've ever seen. My heart startled, as the beautiful light of the moon reflected from his frozen emerald eyes.

The warmth of care and worry I've seen in his eyes right now is beyond the breeze in the ocean. It was so beautiful and bewitching making me feel tranquilized amidst the tragic chaos.

The symphonies that the heart beat of mine creates, and the rhythm of the blasting surrounding were all making a song for him.

His stare, his piercing eyes... There's something on it which makes my knees tremble and it makes my heart flutter so much to a way which I didn't expect.

How can I betray my own words when I said that nothing will ever make my knees tremble? How can I let myself admire the beauty of light that his eyes possess more than I admire the beauty of the Philippine islands?

The color of his eyes, his emerald eyes is beyond the beauty of the nature. Damn! How could you do this to me General Andervano?

Confusion trailed up to my system making my eyelids raise together with my dilating pupils when he hastily ran towards me and tower me with his masculine physique causing us to both fall on the ground.

"Damn! Baby you're almost hit!"

And how did his voice sounded like a music into my ears? I don't know but there's a part of me which longs to hear it over and over again. The sound of worrisome and intense care on it makes a perfect beat that matches the beat of my heart.

"Baby?"

I was abruptly awakened from my own deliria when I heard his confuse voice. I immediately push him away from me, making me breathless.

"Get off from me!"

Shit!

Bakit ko s'ya hinayaang daganan ako? Ang bigat nya!

Akmang tatayo na sana ako nang bigla n'yang hinawakan at hinila ang kamay ko dahilan para muli akong matumba sa kan'ya.

"Baby please don't stand," he whispered behind my ears.

Damn! The sensation that it's causing is daft. I feel like something tickles my heart making it beat rapidly.

"Sumuko ka na!" Malakas na sigaw ng isang sundalo dahilan para muli akong mabalik sa kasalukuyang nangyayari.

Sa sandaling iginala ko ang aking mga mata ay nanlaki ito matapos makita si Zalysha sa ilalim ng bisig ng isang terorista.

Panay ang iyak at hagulgol n'ya sa takot. She's even shivering not in the cold of the night but in fear.

Nakatutok sa kan'yang sentido ang hawak na baril ng isang teroristang s'yang natira sa kanila.

He's the terrorist who also aim a gun on my nape earlier.

Oh fvck him!

Marahas kong pinulot ang baril ko saka pinanlisikan ng mata ang teroristang patuloy na sumasakal kay Zalysha.

"What are you going to do baby?" I heard General Andervano's hasted voice.

"Save what's mine," I answered firmly while cocking my gun.

"No, leave this to us, please Eury huwag ka nang makialam," nagpagting ang tenga ko sa narinig ko.

I averted my eyes on his direction giving him a sharp look.

"Huwag makialam? How can I General? Tell me how can I? I just can't stay calm and rest here knowing that the damn terrorist is having control of Zalysha's life. She's my secretary and she's my responsibility! And please call me Ms. President not baby nor Eury!" I uttered with my voice full of authority, while I'm opposing the feeling I have right now.