Chapter 5

Hearing my self confidently letting my heart speak with the words I'd long to say is overwhelming.

I'm not new on this, I've been through this once. I already showered the people with my true intention of running for a particular position. But the feeling has always been new. It always feels like it's a stranger into my system.

"You'll win this. Definitely you will," Mr. Guanzon abruptly said while forking his dessert in his plate. Our colleagues nodded in his statement. I blankly stared at him and just shrugged. I don't want to give myself false hopes.

In politics, it's always the money that matters the most. No matter how genuine and good your intention is, the majority of the people will still give their vote to the politicians who feeds them great amount of money.

Although in the position which I'm running to is not allowed to be accessed with money, I still don't know about my rival. Maaari kasing gumamit s’ya ng pera nang patago. Hindi na naman bago iyon sa politika. Simula noong bata pa ako ay marami na akong naririnig na ganoon. Pera ang ipinapakilos sa balota upang makamit lang ang kapangyarihan na inaasam-asam nila.

And that's the one truth in life. If you don't have money you loose, but if you have you'll definitely win. But instead of giving money to people, we just gave them relief goods, and sincere words coming from the depth of our hearts.

Our partylist aims to fight in this election without giving money. It depends on the people if they'll let their self be gullible and be fooled by money? Or they'll choose through their hearts who the great leader is appropriate for the said position.

We only want to run with our words cloaked with sincerity and not with money cloaked with mendacity. If we win, then praise God and if we won't then it's okay, at least we tried to without using money.

"By the way tomorrow we'll be having our campaign again at the capital of Cebu," Mr. Alejandro said while scrolling in his cellphone and scanning the schedules. He's my appointed spokesperson if I ever win this election.

And I was amazed of how hands-on he is on his appointed job, even though there's no certainty if he'll definitely conquer it. Dahil kapag hindi ako nanalo, then he'll not be in the said position too.

Mr. Alejandro is a tall lanky man, he's on his mid 40's yet he still look like young because of him being sporty. He was bargained about the uncertainties of his appointed position. He's a good person tho.

"You know what Ms. Eury, I really do believe that you'll definitely win this as what as Governor Guanzon said. You have the heart of a President, and your words were mind wakening. Malay mo baka biglang mag-iba ang ihip ng hangin at hindi na masisilaw ang tao sa pera," Atty. Maligmat said. He's one of the going senators and I was amazed of how sincere he was to his intentions.

"Hopefully Atty." I answered in conserve.

Atty. Maligmat have my full respect which he really deserves. By he's look you can already say that he's a respectable person. He's still on his mid 30's yet his name was already known when it comes to winning formidable cases.

He's a good lawyer tho, and he always stands for truth, tho sometimes he needs to blind his one eye just to win his client which was really guilty.

Well that's the thing about being a lawyer. Kailangan mong depensahan ang client mo kahit minsan alam mong karapat-dapat s’yang parusahan. You were obligated to defend him tho, no matter what. At minsan ay pera itong ipinakikilos sa korte. Which is I really hate.

I loathed those people who buys the law just to free themselves from justice. Sa batas 'pag mahirap ka talo ka, kahit pa sabihin mong ikaw yung na sa tama at nagsasabi ng totoo. Wala pa rin iyong saysay.