Chapter 2

Life is not just about living. It is about survival. A battlefield of dilemmas against you.

Everyone are not just born as humans, we are all born as a fighter and as a survivor. And no matter what happens, whatever kind of battle this life may give me. I will always fight against it and walk back to home bringing the beacon.

I'm not just fighting for a single battle right now. Because this battle I'm fighting right now, is not just about protecting my country and the people beside me, this battle is the battle of my principles too.

If law can't give the justice that the death of my family deserves, then I'll claim it on my own justifiable way.

This is for my father… I uttered in my mind, while letting the bullet percolate on the terrorist's head while I'm still driving the car rapidly.

This is for my mother...Again, I let the bullet of my gun, enter the terrorist's chest.

This is for my sister Calliope, and this is for my brother Augustine. Sunod-sunod kong pinaputukan ang dalawang terorista na s'ya na lang natitira mula sa orihinal nilang bilang na anim.

There's no damn way I'll be giving them the chance to use their long guns.

"Hold on tight! I'll take you into a safe place," I shouted to my companions behind me after I overthrow those terrorists.

And as what as I have said, they took a grip on the seatbelt's strap while their other hand are clutching the car's window.

I again focus myself on driving rapidly, taking the path away from the battlefield. But to my horror, instead of seeing rainbows of hope, what I saw are flickering lights coming from the uncountable guns and isochronous explosion of bombs.

"SHIT!"

Our car were right now in between the flying bullets and bombs. I didn't even notice that I'm taking the wrong way!

"OH GOD!" My eyes widened after hearing Zalysha's shout in aghast along with the deafening sound of  the shattered window.

"Zalysha! Zalysha are you okay?" I asked hastily while trying to focus on driving.

"Ayos lang ako Mayora, gosh muntikan na 'kong matamaan ng bala," she said panting while trying to control her cries of fear.

"Mang Erwin are you good?" I asked mang Erwin while trying to take a peek on his state through the rearview mirror. And my eyes widened the moment I saw blood on his white sleeve.

"SHIT! You're wounded are you okay mang Erwin? Just hold on okay? I'm going to take you out of here!" I quickly drove faster, not minding the shouts of the soldiers 'cause I'm blocking their sight against the terrorists.

"Galos lamang ito hija. Bagal-bagalan mo ang iyong pagmamaneho at baka dahil pa d’yan ako mamatay at hindi sa bala," he humorously uttered that made the side of my lips shot upward in disbelief. How could he dare to throw a joke in this kind of situation?

The road is hopeless, we can't get out of here. Seeing the bunch of terrorists scattered all over the place were like damn pests. Kaya napagpasyahan ko na lang na itigil ang sasakyan sa likod ng isang Tanke de guerra.

"Zalysha, take care of mang Erwin's wound give him first aid, and don't you ever dare to come out from the car. Just stay and sit in the car's floor, and if it's possible bow your heads always. Don't you ever dare to step out of my command, got it? And don't do anything stupid," I rigidly instructed to them while giving them a serious look.

"Saan ka tutungo hija?"

"Ano pong gagawin n’yo Mayora?" Sabay nilang tanong, I smiled in conserve at them.