||5.||

•||Ch5: Too Far on a Depressed Road||•

||Mehrun's POV||

"Mehrun?"

I turned around and looked at him up and down.

One thing I must say.

My cousin has grown so handsomely. Just like those cousins for whom girls cry for in memes.

Plus a nice voice.

Lucky me to have a cousin like this.

"Nice to see you after a long time," I greeted him with a small smile.

"You too. I thought I couldn't get to meet you," He joked with a smile and sat down on the chair which the waiter put at the end of the table.

"I was thinking of visiting phupho next week," I lied to him, smoothly without thinking or hesitation.

"Well my mother will be happy," He replied to me.

I smiled at him in answer and luckily the buffet started right after he finished speaking because I didn't know how to continue conversation with him without feeling awkward.

As much as his handsome face was a treat to eyes, talking to him was making me feel awkward and guilty. Because I knew if our conversation continued, I would lie again and again to make myself look less awkward.

We all got up and went to pick the dish of our choice. I hated doing this, picking and selecting my own food myself.

Trying to be independent isn't easy.

I wanted to do my stuff on my own but ever since childhood it was always someone else helping me with picking and selecting dishes then putting them in front of me. But ever since I got together with Shaizum I had been trying to kill this habit.

Looking at how Mohsin was helping Lariab was making me feel jealous. With a sigh, I picked a plate and looked at the dishes.

"What do you want?" Plate was taken from my hands as I was asked.

I looked at the owner of a nice voice who stood in line with two plates while waiting for me to speak. Outside I didn't have any emotion shown on my face but inside I was feeling relaxed and relieved for not picking my own food.

I told him what I wanted to eat and watched as the line moved forward from starter to main dishes, he filled both plates with starters then moved forward main dishes.

I looked at my handsome cousin as he held both plates, each filled with a few dishes, in one hand steadily and put a selected main dish in both plates using the other hand. I gave him a few more points, other than being handsome and nice, he also had some talents.

"Thank you," I thanked him, taking my plate from him and went back to my seat.

I wished Shaizum was present here and learnt this gentleman's behavior from Saim. Shaizum had never helped me like this which made me more depressed inside.