||2.||

•||Ch2: Back to Home||•

||Saim POV||

"Saim!"

A loud voice came from a small crowd and a hand waved.

I looked at the waving hand in the air and approached the owner of that hand with my luggage.

"Nice to see you after a long time, man!" I said with a smile and hugged him.

"You too, dude. You have changed so much in a year."

"Yes, I am back slim and smart after not eating dishes of your hands, Mohsin. I seriously missed your food after your short visit," I complained as we walked out of the airport towards the parking lot with luggage and remembering the taste of dishes he made.

"Don't worry. I'll make your favorite food during your stay here," Mohsin replied to me, patting my shoulder which made me happy.

I can't wait to retry his dishes.

"My parents know?" I asked him, remembering the most important question.

"Nah. I didn't let anyone know."

Thank goodness. I made a surprise visit to them after many years. It was always them who came to visit me in London but this time it was me who surprise visited them.

We both got into the car after putting luggage in the car trunk and set off to my parents home.

• • •

We both got out of the car and looked at the cars parked in my parents' house. Mohsin turned towards the gatekeeper and asked him who was there while I looked around.

"Zain uncle and Sania aunty are here," Mohsin told me as he came near me, looking at the extra car parked in the house.

I nodded my head and went inside the house following after him. There were voices of talking and laughing coming from the living room.

"Wait! I'll go inside first then you come after I'll get everyone's attention," Mohsin whispered and pointed towards the living room.

I nodded my head and stood near the door as Mohsin went inside and greeted everyone.

"Mirha aunty and Arash uncle, I have a surprise for you. Sania aunty and Zain uncle, you will also like it... But before that surprise comes, let me turn on my camera and record everyone's reaction."

"Really!? You are making me excited. And record it with a good angle where we all look beautiful," I heard my mother's voice which made me smile.

"OK. I'm starting the countdown. 1.. 2.. Andddd 3!"

On 3 I stepped inside the living room and greeted everyone.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum everyone!"

Mom stood up and looked at me in disbelief with her eyes wide open.