||14.||

•||Ch14: Broken Message||

•||Ch14: Broken Message||•

||Mehrun's POV||

Feeling suffocated, I turned around and went to the roof to get fresh air. I leaned against the railing, looking down at the reporters who wanted to interview the viral couple, us. But guards had them outside the building.

I moved back, away from the railing, not wanting to be caught by anyone. I fanned myself and looked on the other side, trying to take deep breaths.

Quickly I unlocked my phone and dialed Shaizum's number. The phone kept ringing but no one answered it. I dialed it again and again and prayed he would pick it up.

"Please, Shaizum. Please pick up. Don't do this," I kept whispering to myself as I dialed it again.

But there was only one response I was getting in two languages.

"Ap k matlooba number se filhaal jawab mosool nahi horaha, bara-he karam thori der ba'ad koshish ki jiye."

"The number you have been dialing is not answering at the moment, please try later."

I sniffed trying to suck my years back in my eyes but once a tear escaped, remaining kept streaming from my eyes.

I moved to the other side of the roof and looked down from the railing, trying my best to at least stop all the negative thoughts.

Suddenly, the news of a few days before flashed in my mind. In which a young man committed suicide after not getting his love.

Did he feel the same as me when his love rejected him? Did he stop feeling restless and found some peace after falling from the 3rd floor? Did all his negative thoughts stop after suicide?

"Where are you, Shaizum?" I whispered, looking down then turned my back to the railing.

"Mehrun?"

I heard Shaizum's voice, calling me.

I quickly rushed where he was, near the door of the roof, with my red veil in his hand which I might have thrown somewhere unconsciously.

"Please tell me, Saim. He's here. He has arrived. Please...," I pleaded with him and looked at him expectantly.

"Please tell me, Saim. I request you to inform me of good news please," I begged him when he just stared at me without responding.

I sobbed when he didn't reply to me and looked away from me clenching his jaw. I fell on my knees and cried loudly.

"Why don't you all just check the hospitals or report to the police station?" I cried, loudly, fisting my beautiful white dress.

"For God sake, he must be in some accident, Saim. He must be waiting for someone to rescue him. He-he promised me. He promised me. He promised me that he'll marry me, Saim. Even last night he was so happy... He told me how much he wants to take me away from everyone, Saim. He was also looking forward to this day as much as I was. He can't deceive me. He'll never deceive me..."