||23.||

•||Ch 23: You, Me & Steamy Night||•

|| S A I M ||

"I got another point," My beautiful Begum cheered.

We both were playing badminton, spending time together to deepen our bond. I smiled at her cheerful face while my heart was pleased with cheerfulness.

"You are winning," I told her as I hit the shuttlecock.

After having a small match with her where she won, we went out of the court with our picnic basket in my hand. We selected the spot near the lake and spread the blanket under the shades of a tree then sat on it.

"I thought this picnic was going to be about us only," I complained to her, slowly putting my head on her lap, laying down.

"It is. Just you and me," She answered me, glancing from her novel at me with a smile then went back to read, leaning against the tree.

I chuckled and played with her hair, curling and uncurling them around my fingers. This moment was engraving itself on my heart making it beat peacefully.

"Begum?"

She hummed and put her hand on head, running her fingers in my hair. I so wanted to close my eyes like this in her lap and never wake up from this moment.

"Where do you want to go on our honeymoon?"

She took her eyes away from her novel and graced me with her complete attention.

"What about your work?" She asked, looking worried.

"Your happiness is more important than my work," I answered her with a smile and loved the reaction I got on her face.

Her face turned scarlett and her eyes blinked with shyness as an innocent shy smile made its way on her kissable lips. I pulled that strand of her hair that I rolled on my fingers towards my lips and kissed on it.

"I have two tickets for Asian Fashion Week in Paris," I informed her.

"When?" She asked, moving her shy eyes back to her novel.

"Next weekend. But we will leave next week. I have a conference there then I will be yours for the whole week."

"Ok."

She went back to read her novel while I glanced at the page she read curiously and found something very interesting on it.

"I can make those scenes live and much more than your imagination," I told her, looking up at her from her novel.

She paused and looked down at me with wide eyes that carried innocent emotions, disbelief and anticipation. I felt her breath stop for a moment then pushed my head away from her lap.