||10.||

•||Ch10: Scandal at Party||•

||Mehrun's POV||

I was startled as the door of my room knocked. I put down the novel in my hands and got up to open the door. Dad was standing outside with two mugs of hot chocolate.

Seeing the hot chocolate mug in his hands, my eyes lit up. It had been a long time since I last had it made by him.

"Can I have some of your time?" He asked, handing me one mug.

I stepped aside to let him enter and both of us sat on a small couch in my room.

"Your mother told me... about Shaizum," He spoke as I took a sip of my heavenly hot chocolate.

I gave him all my attention and waited for him to continue but deep inside I was fidgeting and having a nervous breakdown.

"I'm happy to know he thought something about... your relationship. I just want to tell you that as long as you are really happy, I'll never interfere between you both and will give you both my blessings. All my daughter needs to know is that I just want her happiness, nothing else," He told me, patting my head.

"I'm happy, dad," I whispered.

"I can see now. But remember I'll never hesitate to take you away from people who'll make you cry. I want the best of the best for you," He said, kissing my head.

I felt my heart softened to know that he'd never change and would bring the world at my feet to find the person who hurt me.

"And I will never hesitate to come back to you and go wherever you'll say to me if anyone tries to hurt me. I promise," I promised him so he could feel better about my choice.

"Just remember. Now finish it quickly," He said pointing at the mug in my hand.

• • •

Just as I was done with my makeup, I received a message from Shaizum.

Shai🥰: I have arrived. Waiting for my sweetheart to come quickly and grace me with her mighty presence.😍

A smile stretched on my lips after reading his message.

Me: Her highness is coming. Wait a moment, servant of her highness.😘

I replied to him and put my phone in my small bag with lipstick then walked out of my room in stilettos. Mom and dad had already left for the birthday party.