||27.||

•||Ch27: Finale ~ His Everything||•

Both of them held their breath as they stared at the monitor in anticipation with the mix of fear, nervousness and excitement

Both of them held their breath as they stared at the monitor in anticipation with the mix of fear, nervousness and excitement. This felt so surreal to them, just like a dream.

How long it took for them to witness this day?

2 years.

24 months

104 weeks.

730 days.

Mehrun held Saim's hand tightly, feeling him more worried than her. In their last ultrasound just when they were happily looking at their unborn yet to be formed baby, the doctor showed them another similar fetus.

Now they both were excited to see the development of their twin babies. But the doctor's prolonged silence was making them restless.

"Everything's good, doctor? Nothing bad happened. Right?" Saim asked the doctor with a little fear in his voice.

When the doctor didn't answer him but kept looking at the monitor, Mehrun looked at Saim with tears brimming in her eyes. She didn't want to lose the babies that took 2 years of trying to conceive.

"I'm sorry."

Listening to the doctor's apology with a sigh, Mehrun closed her eyes tightly and sobbed loudly.

"Mrs. Ali, you...," The doctor stared at her speechlessly then looked at Saim who was consoling his Begum in his arms.

"What happened to our babies?" He asked the doctor with a little difficulty, rubbing his Begum's back.

"Huh! Nothing happened. They are good. I'm sorry. I was just a little shocked with the new discovery," The doctor apologized quickly and explained them a little before pointing to the screen.

"You see here. Your baby A and B. Both are healthy. And here is what surprised me, a healthy baby C."

Both the couple were stunned with their eyes glued to the monitor in disbelief, shock and surprise. They weren't expecting this, to get another surprise baby.

"And here.. A very small shape.. baby D. It's very weak compared to the remaining siblings."

On the way to their love nest, Amore Vita, they both held hands with thousands of emotions overwhelming them enough where they couldn't find words to express anything. Doctor's words were roaming their minds of how they had to say goodbye to their baby D if it couldn't grow up healthy like other siblings.

"We should inform our families now, about more than one baby. I want my mom here, with me, next to me other than you," Mehrun whispered, with her voice trembling a little, thinking about how she would raise four babies in her stomach where one was at risk.

As they approached their home, the sky outside was filled with the rare scene of the sun painting the sky with a golden glow, providing warmth to everyone. Saim squeezed her hand silently and stared out of the window thinking of making calls to every doctor or consultant for his Begum's health.