||21.||

•|| Chapter 21: 5201314||•

|| S A I M ||

I frowned looking at the remaining pile of documents waiting for me. I had been doing this paperwork but instead of finishing it was increasing. There was a knock on my door making me annoyed. If my assistant entered with more paperwork, I would call Vivian back to the UK.

I unlocked the door with a button under my desk. My assistant rushed into the office looking anxious.

"Your housekeeper called. Madam is admitted to the hospital."

I spun to my feet and rushed out of the door, forgetting my suit coat, keys and phone behind. My assistant followed me with the same speed, startling my secretaries on our way to my personal elevator. When we reached my car, he opened the passenger seat's door for me while sitting in the driver seat.

My hands and feet which never shook in fear, trembled whilst thinking of my Begum. She was doing great in the morning, making breakfast without the cook's help.

"Drive faster," I told my assistant, clenching my fists.

My heart was pounding heavily, thinking of the worst scenarios. When we reached the hospital, I rushed to the room where she was admitted.

"Mehrun?"

The voice which always sounded calm was trembling for her after seeing her unconscious on the bed, with scarlet face and IV connected to her hand.

"Doctor said it's a fever and she'll be alright," The housekeeper who was looking after her informed me then went out of the room.

I held her other hand softly and kissed it softly. My heart wasn't resting even after knowing she had a fever. And it wouldn't stop worrying until she opened her eyes and gave me a single glance of hers.

Her hold on my hand tightened a little as she mumbled something quietly. I leaned towards her and listened silently.

"Sha-Shai-Shaizum.. Shaizum.. don't leave."

I froze there and felt my heart and soul pierced with a million knives. I stood straight and stared blankly at her unconscious state. It wasn't her fault. It wasn't.

I was the one at fault who thought it would be very easy to make her forget him. But how could she forget the man she loved for many years, in few months.

I sat beside her and counted her breaths as mine was getting lost with her voice.

Since the day she had fallen ill, I had been working from home except for important cases. Seeing her reading a novel near the pool, I glanced at the muscle on my arms then closed the folder. I made my way towards the kitchen and took a bowl of salad and a juice bottle, then made my way towards her.