||20.||

•||Chapter 20: Surprise And A New Beginning||•

|| S A I M ||

I glanced at my beautiful Begum getting ready for her friend's wedding then glared at the mail on my laptop. If not for this urgent work, I might have joined my Begum.

I opened WhatsApp on my phone then typed in the group that Mohsin and Laraib made.

"999 ways to woo your wife"

Saim: You two better take care of my wife. @Mohsin @Laraib.

I at both of them gloomily and wished to scold my employees for not taking care of this simple work.

Besides Mohsin and Laraib, Vivian was also in this group which was useless. He didn't need to know anything about wooing his wife when he had already wooed her into marrying him. There was only one miserable person in this group who was me.

"Ok. I'm coming," My Begum's voice pulled me out of my misery.

She was answering the servant standing in front of the door. I put my laptop aside and stood up quickly to escort my Begum to the car, who just glanced at me. With reluctance I watched my parents' car pulling out of the gate and disappearing from my view.

With murderous thoughts after parting with my Begum, I made my way inside the house. I could feel the servants moving away from my view with caution. I changed into my suit then took my laptop and went to dad's study room to deal with the work and all important conferences that had to happen today out of all the other useless days.

It was so good to see my employees and subordinates trying to deal with my mood as they were reporting about the projects whilst Vivian was enjoying my downcast mood with the most stupid smirk on his face.

Every now and then my gaze fell on my phone that was beside the laptop. Seeing the black screen, the frown on my face became more visible with each gaze fell on it.

These meetings were so long that we discussed the process of projects and then I held conferences with the USA branch till midnight. I was supposed to be in London, in our headquarters but I couldn't leave before Eid since it would be our first Eid after marriage and leaving my Begum here was out of the question.

After mailing the contact information of the people I got from the exhibition and giving instructions to my assistant, I made my way to our room. I rubbed my eyebrows tiredly and twirled the paper flower in my other hand as I opened the door. Seeing my Begum already sleeping, I put the paper flower on the side table beside her, then went to the wardrobe to change into a night suit and laid beside her with a helpless sigh.

"Good night, Begum." I whispered lightly.

Taking another sigh I turned to the other side of bed, our backs facing each other and closed my eyes.