||17.||

•||Ch17: New Beginning||•

||Mehrun||

"Have you been talking to Saim?" Mirha Phupho, who was now my mother-in-law, asked me while running her fingers in my hair gently.

I was at her home after shopping for my upcoming wedding functions. She made me stay with her for one night.

Right now after tiring from shopping, I was laying on the couch, in her living room, with my head on her lap.

"Yes," I answered her, quietly, lowering my eyes and thinking about our silent conversation every night.

Till now he had shown me nothing but comfort, peace and kindness. And this was what made me feel guilty for ruining his life with my sudden invadness.

I had heard that he had been working overtime and trying to finish all his scheduled work just to return back soon for our wedding.

"Don't ever feel lonely, Mehrun. We all are with you. You were my precious niece and now my precious daughter. I can guarantee that Saim will never leave your hand or disappoint you. But by chance if he ever disappoints, come back to us. We will have your back. I will personally fight for you," She told me, softly and kissed my head.

I hummed and closed my eyes, feeling tears dwelling in my eyes. As the days of my wedding neared, my emotions were getting out of control too.

I was at that phase of my life where I didn't know what to expect from my future and what to dream of.

I stayed with Mirha Phupho for half an hour then returned to the guest room where I usually stayed. I sat on the window seat with my phone in my hand, staring at the name and debating whether to hit voice call or not.

Taking a long deep breath, I hit the voice call finally and waited, feeling like my heart slowed down a lot with each ringing. Just when I was about to end the call, it was picked up.

.........

"Mehrun."

There was tiredness in his soft voice mixed with some happiness too.

.........

"I..."

I tried to speak but all the words were stuck in my head, mixing up.

I squeezed my eyes shut and listened to his breath, trying to arrange my words again.

While I was silently arranging, he was waiting patiently, not encouraging me. Maybe he knew I had something to say to him and needed time.

I opened my eyes slowly, looking down at my fingers tracing the outline of the window.

"Please don't expect me to give my heart to you. I can give you anything but not my heart. So please don't expect too much."