||9.||

•||Ch 9: Mother-Daughter Day||•

||Mehrun's POV||

"You look happy, dear. Something good happened?"

I heard mom asking me while I was busy eating my breakfast.

I looked up from my breakfast at her, feeling my lips stretched in a smile as I glanced at the bracelet that Shaizum gave me with a promise.

"I'm always happy, mom," I told her with a smile which was a lie too.

"Yes, yes. You are always happy. But today you look happier than before. So tell your mother honestly what happened. Because I don't think I can stop my curious self if you don't answer me," She told me, patting my hand that was on the table.

I looked at her suddenly feeling a little nervous and scared of her reaction if I broke the news.

"Honestly?" I asked her, biting my lower lips.

She nodded her head, giving me all attention.

"Yesterday... Shaizum took me out for dinner and later gave me a romantic promise that he will propose for marriage soon," I told her, slowly and waiting for her reaction to be... angry or maybe disappointed too.

But all I saw was a smile stretched on her lips and she squeezed my hand. Her eyes were telling that she was genuinely happy, not disappointed or anything.

"That's great, Mehrun. Yesterday Shaizum's mother, Hadiya, called me for tea. She wanted to discuss the marriage of both of you since Shaizum hadn't made any move. She was also scared that he would make you wait for a very long time or.. break your heart," She told me, caressing my hand gently.

I looked at her in surprise with my mouth parted. I tried to make a voice but I was completely speechless.

"I'm really happy for you, Mehrun. I'm happy to finally see him serious in this relationship. I was scared before to see you single sided trying to make this relationship work. But if he makes a promise that means he really is ready to put complete efforts in this relationship too," She continued with tears shining in her eyes.

I got up from my chair and walked around the table towards her. I bent over, putting my arms around her and head on her shoulder.

"I'm such a bad daughter who always makes you and dad worry. I'm sorry for all the disappointments I gave you. I failed your expectations many times. I avoided you both many times too. Lied to you too. I'm sorry, so sorry. I promise I'll never make you worry again," I whispered, crying on her shoulder.

"We weren't disappointed, dear. We were just worried that he might make you wait for a long time or lifetime. But I'm happy now. For you. All my worries have flown away, out of the window. Your father will also be happy for you if he knows," Mom said, patting my head and kissing on my head.