Chapter 7

[At The Compound]

When we arrived at the compound we walked into some kind of living room. "FRIDAY gather everyone please." Tony said. "Of course sir." She said and we all sat down. "Actually Nina, could you wait outside that door?" Tony asked and pointed to a door. "What is there?" I asked. "My office." He said and I nodded and I got up and walked into his office. I closed the door and looked around. There is a lot of Iron man stuff in there as I was about to walk away from the door I heard voices. "What's up Tony." I heard a male voice say, more voices joined in I couldn't make out what they were saying. "I have an announcement to make." I heard Tony say and everyone went quiet. "Today I found a new addition to the Avengers. She is very special and-." Tony got interrupted "Yes finally another girl to join." I heard a female voice say. "Yes it was about time." I heard a female voice with a foreign accent say. "Omg Wanda and Black Widow" I thought to myself. "Yes, now as I was saying she is very special and also very young." He said and I heard Bruce asking "What do you mean by young?" Tony cleared his throat. "17 years old." He said. "Oh so same age as Peter." I heard another male voice say. "Peter? Aaaah that can't be my Peter, he is too sweet." I thought to myself again. "Yes, anyway she is in my office and I'll go get her now." He said and before I knew it there was a soft knock on the door. He slowly opened the door a little "Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded softly and shook all the nerves out and took a deep breath. He grabbed my hand for reassurance and led me out. "Nina meet everybody, everybody meet Nina." He said I nervously looked up and waved. "Hi" I said softly and all eyes were on me all the guys were just staring and the girls got up and walked over to me. "Welcome Nina, I'm Wanda and this is Nat." Wanda said and hugged me. "Don't worry about them this always happens when they see a beautiful girl." Nat said and smiled at me, one of the guys got up and walked over. "Yeah it's as if they've never seen a girl before, Hi I'm Clint." He said and I chuckled "Hi." I heard footsteps rushing in. "Sorry I'm late." I heard a familiar voice say. "What's go-" he stops mid sentence and I can feel him staring at me. "Nina?" I heard him say in surprise. I turned around to look at him. "Peter?" I said and looked him up and down. "What are you doing here?" We asked at the same time. "I'm part of the Avengers." We said at the same time again. "Wait what? Since when?" I asked him. "Uh... a while." He said my eyes widen in realization. "OMG That is why you are always sick, isn't it?" I asked and he turned red. "Uh.... well... uh...maybe?" He said nervously. "Let me guess your best friend?" Tony asked me and I nervously laughed at him. "Yeahhhhh" I said and I saw Peter's eyes go wide "OMG SO YOU ARE-" Peter said before being cut off by me holding my hand in front of his mouth. "The new Avenger." I said and gave him a warning look. "Yes... right... of course." He said in my hand. I heard all the other guys clear their throat. "Hello my name is-" they all were speaking at the same time. "Oh yeah, I fully understood that." I said and chuckled, Peter put his arm around my shoulders. "Let me introduce you." He said and walked me closer. "Obviously you met Nat, Wanda, Clint and Tony." He said grinning at me. "Yepp." I just said looking guilty at Tony but he just gave me a reassuring look. "So this is Steve AKA Captain America, This Sam AKA Falcon, this is Bucky and this Thor." He said and came closer. "The last one is an Alien." He whispered and I chuckled. "Nice to meet you all." I said and smiled at them. "Then on this side we have Vision and Bruce AKA The Hulk." He said as he turned me around. "Wait, hold up." I said and stood in front of Peter. "This means that you are-" I said and he cut me off. "The accountant." He said and smiled at me nervously. I chuckled and hugged him. "Glad to see you Spidey" I said softly and I felt him tense up. "So what makes you so special?" Steve asked "Besides being so beautiful" I heard multiple thoughts coming through and I looked freaked at Tony while saying "Well first of all I just found a new power." Tony looked confused at me. "I can read minds, I am still figuring out other abilities that I have and will get eventually but as if right now, Peter I would take a step back." I said as I softly push him away. He took a step back and I smiled at him. "This." I said as I extracted my wings and flew into the air. I heard everybody gasp and all their thoughts got mixed up. "Please stop thinking, it's confusing me cause I can hear all of your thoughts." I said as I came back down. "Well...that's... uh..." Peter said and I chuckled "you don't even know half of it." I said and messed up his hair. "God she is perfect." I heard Steve thoughts. I chuckled "Thanks Cap." I said and his eyes widen "Uh..." He said nervously. "Right time to go, nice meeting you." He said and quickly left. Tony grabbed me and Peter and took us into his office. "Sit down." He said pointing at the chairs in front of the desk while closing the door, we quietly sat down unsure what was gonna happen and Tony sat down behind the desk. "So you are my daughter's best friend?" Tony said to Peter. "Uh...w-w-well I-" Peter said but was cut off. "Good." Tony said and looked at me. "We'll be training a lot the upcoming weeks. At least you have someone you can talk to now and please try to not use the mind reading on us." He said to me. I sighed and leaned back. "Dad you think I can control it? It just got activated and I don't do anything for it. I just hear the thoughts." I said and he looked serious. "Okay I see. I have one question how do you feel about moving in with Pepper and me or moving into the compound?" He said and kept looking serious at me. "Well it would make it easier in many ways except for school." I said and he nodded. "You have your drivers license, right?" He asked. "Uhm... yeah but mom says I'm not allowed to drive yet." I said and started plucking on my shirt. Peter grabbed my hand and Tony looked angry at me. "What else is not going the way it should with your mom?" Tony asked. I looked nervously down at my hands and then back up. "She always gets mad at me and starts to ignore me then, she is barely at home, I'm not allowed to have friends over not even if we sit in the kitchen, I can't go to my friends' house either, I can only go to school and back home, I have to be on a diet and I'm not allowed to wear the clothes that I can wear when I come over to your place." I said softly and tightening my grip on Peter's hand. Tony slammed his desk, got up and walked to the window...