Chapter 43

*A few days later*
I felt a lot better, I slept in Steve's room every night and did all my school work in the compound since they didn't think it was safe for me to go away from the compound yet. Steve has been taking me out for a walk every night but I did feel him getting more distant with me, I just didn't have the energy yet to ask him about it. "Everything okay?" He asked as he squeezed my hand and I nodded. "Just worked a lot on my homework." I said and smiled a little at him. "Are you sure?" He asked as he looked at me, I saw a little worry in his eyes but not the way he did before. "Yeah, I'm sure. Is it okay if I sleep in my own room again tonight?" I asked and I felt sadness creep in. I saw pain come in his eyes. "Of course." He said softly as we walked further. We stayed quiet the rest of our walk. As we came back inside I directly walk to my room. I drop down in against my door and try to get rid of the bracelets. "I need to know what he's thinking." I thought to myself as I hit the bracelets against the wall in fear. I git up and opened the door to see Steve standing there. "What are you doing?" He asked as I was about to slam the bracelets against the door. "I uhm..." I said and dropped back down. "I need my powers back okay? I'm going insane, I see all of you looking at me with pity and I feel you getting more distant with me and I need to know what you all are thinking of because if I just ask you will either lie or not tell the whole truth." I said as tears streamed down my face. "Nina I got more distant cause you are too. You're not talking to me or at least barely, all you do is homework, eat, and sleep. You're not even using the piano anymore." He said as he lifted me up. "Nothing changed for me, I just act the way I think is the best for you, I'm not gonna force you to talk to me." He said and I hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry for such a pain in the ass." I said and we both laughed. "Can I sleep in your room after all?" I asked as we pulled away and he smiled. "Of course." He said and he pulled me with him to the living room. "But you first have to play the piano." He said as he placed me on the piano chair, I smiled at him and turned. I pressed one key and I felt a calm come over me. I started playing the song I wrote in the cell and closed my eyes as I started to sing along. (song in the video) When I opened up my eyes I saw everyone standing there with a smile on their face. "Good to have you back." Nat said as she walked over and hugged me. I hugged her back and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "It feels good to be back." I said as we pulled away. "I'm so sorry for everything." I said and looked at all of them. They just smiled at me and I tilted my head back to look up at Steve. "Let's go." I said and got up, I grabbed his hand pulled him with me to his room. I quickly changed in my PJ's while he got changed in the bathroom. I already laid in bed when he came back, once he was in the bed I cuddled up to him. "Thank you." I said as I look at him and he smiles. "You're welcome." He said and I smiled back. "You know what I missed the last few weeks?" I asked as I sat up and pulled him up too. "No, what?" He asked and looked confused. I smiled and pressed my lips on his and he quickly gave in. I felt electricity going through my whole body and smiled as we pulled away. "Holy fuck, I missed your lips." I said and leaned my forehead against his and he laughed. "Language." He said and I laughed too. We laid back down and cuddled all night, he stroke my arm as I fell asleep on his chest.