Chapter 49

*A few nights later during the party*
I just got out of the shower and looked in my closet while having the towel wrapped around my body. There was a soft knock on my door. "Who is it?" I asked. "It's me." Nat said and I took a dress in my hands. "Come in." I said and she walked in, closing the door behind her. She sat down on my bed and watched me as I put the dress back. "I wanted to give you a heads up just in case Steve won't an old friend of his walked into the party unannounced. He was looking for you tho." She said and I looked confused. "Why would I care about an old friend?" I said, still going through my closet and she took a deep breath. "They dated briefly a few years ago, her name is Sharon." She said and I snapped my head at her. "Uh... excuse me? What the hell is she doing here then?" I asked and she just shrugged. "Ugh he better be telling me soon, so I know not to worry." I said as I grabbed the sexiest dress out of the closet. We nodded at each other and when she left I got ready using my superspeed.
The complete look:

As I was checking myself in the mirror there was a soft knock on the door

As I was checking myself in the mirror there was a soft knock on the door. "Come in." I said and Steve walked in. "Holy-" He said and I chuckled. "Thanks." I said as I walked over to him. "Hey I wanted to give you a heads up." He said as he sat down on the bed and pulled me to stand in between his legs. "So a girl showed up at the party unannounced, her name is Sharon and I dated her for like 3 weeks but then it didn't work out. I want to reassure you, there is nothing going on between us but somehow whenever we see each other she thinks there is." He said and looked me straight in the eyes the whole time. "If it gets too bad do I have permission to be extremely PDA?" I asked and he smiled. "Yes but only if it gets too bad. I don't mind a bit but we don't want other people to hate us." He said and I laughed before kissing him passionately. "I'll try my best I never know what alcohol will do to me so I'm not promising anything." I said when we pulled away I grabbed his hand and we walked to the party. When we walked in all the avengers just looked at me to see how I was doing, I just nodded at them to say it was okay and Sharon walked over. "Oh there you are, I-" She said and then looked at our hands. "Oh who is this?" She asked and fake smiled. In my mind I was already slamming her head against the wall. "I'm Nina and you are?" I said and smiled at her. "Uh... I'm Sharon, I'm Steve's ex." She said and I looked at Steve. "Stay calm." He said through his thoughts to me. "Oh I didn't know we were also saying how we are related." I said as I put my arm around Steve's waist and he put his arm around my shoulder. "So let me redo it." I said and cleared my throat. "I'm Nina, I'm Tony's daughter." I said and looked at Steve and he nodded. "Oh that's-" She said but I cut her off. "And Steve's girlfriend." I said and smiled at her. Her face dropped and she gasped as she looked at Steve. "Proud of you." He said to me in his thoughts and I smiled proudly. "Well I'm going to get a drink, you want anything?" I said and looked up at Steve. "No thank you." He said and softly kissed me. I smiled as I walked over to the bar and Nat was waiting there for me. "Well her face dropped quickly, what did you say to her?" She asked as she made me a drink. "Well I just did the same thing as she did." I said and shrugged my shoulders before telling her how it all went down. Nat laughed and handed me my drink. "You earned it." She said and I chuckled. I walked to the sitting area and sat down next to Bucky. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded as I watched Steve walk away from Sharon but she walked after him. I rolled my eyes and motioned Bucky to look. "I'm sorry but that is pathetic." I said softly as I downed my drink. "Relax Nina, he loves you." Bucky said and put his hand reassuring on mine. "I know but I just don't trust her. How much clearer does it have to be? I told her I am his girlfriend, he is walking away from her. That is damn clear to me." I said as I put my glass down on the side table. Nat smiled reassuring at me from the bar where Steve was talking to Sharon. I focused on their thoughts, first I listened to Steve's thoughts. "Ugh Sharon just let it go, I'm taken and that won't change. Stop asking if she's better cause I can already tell you she is, we may not have had sex yet but if you ask I will say we have and tell you she is better." He thought and he looked me straight in the eyes. "I know you're reading my mind, Nina, I'll make sure I will lie about us having sex so she will back off but I will also let the others know that it WAS a lie." He said to me through his thoughts and I nodded. I lifted a finger to signal him to wait as I focused on her thoughts. "Ugh he is lying. How can he say she is better when I'm the niece of his first love, so I'm basically part of her. She isn't even the same age, she is way too young. Damn she is ugly as well." I heard her thoughts and angrily signaled Steve to tell her. As he did I saw Nat's face drop and she quickly went to Wanda who then went to someone else again until it reached my dad. "Well I'm in trouble." I said as I focused on Sharon's thoughts. "Wait, they had sex? Oh shit. How can he have sex with her? Oh my God I think I have to throw up." I heard her think and looked across the room for Tony who looked angry at me and signaled me to come over to him. I looked at Bucky and quickly explained what happened. "If I don't return, remember me." I said extremely dramatic as I got up. "No Nina don't go, you won't survive." He said just as dramatic as he grabbed my hand and put his other arm dramatically against his forehead. We laughed and I walked over to Tony. "What did I just hear?" He said once we were in his office. "OH MY GOD DAD I haven't had sex anymore since... you know." I said and dropped in a chair. "Then why do I hear you and Steve had sex?" He asked still looking angry at me. "First of all dad I'm 18, I can make that decision for myself and second of all it was to make Sharon back off." I said and looked annoyed at him. "Why do you care? Does it make me less of a perfect daughter to you?" I asked before walking out of the office. I walked to the bar and Sharon was the only one standing there. "So you're a slut?" She asked me and I turned my head towards her as Nat looked at me. "Nina, not worth it, stay calm." She said through her thoughts to me. I smiled at Sharon and grabbed a drink. "Sorry I think you got me confused with yourself." I said as I walked away. "OH YEAH I'M NOT SLEEPING AROUND WITH EVERYBODY." She yelled after me I crushed the glass in my hand as the whole room went quiet, I felt my eyes starting to flicker again. "Nina, remember I'm here." I heard Steve say through his thoughts, I looked around to find him and once I saw him I calmed down. "Sharon it is time for you to leave." Steve said loud enough for her to hear without yelling. "What? I have to leave but this little whore doesn't." She said and scoffed. I turned around to her and just crossed my arms. "First of all, you got nothing better than that?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow. "Second of all I would run if I were you." I said and she laughed. "Right and why would I do that?" She asked and I walked to the couch and sat down as all the avengers got up and walked over to her they grabbed her and threw her out together. "Bye." I said as I fake smiled and waved at her. Everybody else at the party looked at me. "Carry on." I said as the music turned back on. All the avengers walked back in and looked at me. I just shrugged and let out a relieved sigh as Bucky, Steve and Peter walked over to me.