closer to her

Isabella's POV:

"H-hi?" I said, but it came out as a squeeky whisper, which i instantly regretted. Why was he having such a huge impact on me?

"Hey. You left something in my car." He spoke confidently, holding my bag in his hand. Shit, how did i forget that..

"Thank you." I replied, trying not to make eye contact with him, as i snatched the bag out of his tight grip. My eyes glued to his veiny hands, which slithered up his muscley arms. His tanned skin glowed under the moonlight and his bold tattoos were carpered all over his arm. He wore two thick silver rings on his long fingers. My eyes were suddenly broken from the stare, by him waving his hand in my face.

"My eyes are up here." He laughed, a charming smirk placed on his face.Instantly, i felt my cheeks burning ruby red. "Why arent you asleep?" He asked, taking a small glance behind me into my house, making me quite uncomforable.

"Err, no. I was just watching TV." I quickly mumbled, hoping for him to take this as a queue to leave but obviously he didnt. We just stared into eachothers eyes for what felt like forever. His were full of mystery and darkness, which intrigued me and made me want to explore more of him but the darkness made me keep my distance.

He cleared his throat, ending the peaceful but awkward silence. "Well, bye see you around." He looked me up and down and winked at me, leaving me frozen at the door. The sound of his roaring engine awoke me from my daze and i quickly slammed the door closed. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, causing an anxious feeling too overtake me. Everytime i blinked his eyes were all to be seen. What did he mean see him again? I shook my head at the thought and decided to ignore the encounter, diving back to what he interrupted me from.

------------------------------------

Rubbing my eyes, I slowly got up from my uncomfortable position on the couch, letting out a load groan. My eyes wandered to my phone, which read 9:45am. Shit. It was saturday today, which meant I had to go work a small shift at my mums cafe. I was hardly getting paid but my mum forced me to go every weekend. I had around 15 minutes to get there, which was probably impossible. My mum never even wakes me up, since she thinks it will give me more of a responsibility, which was so evil of her because if i was late that meant i would get half of my pay, which wasnt even alot anyway. As fast as i could, I quickly got a shower and got dressed in the cafe uniform.

Grabbing my backpack on the way out, I threw an apple inside and started my journey to the cafe. It was a few streets away from our house, leaving only a 20 minute walk to get there. By the time i arrived, it was crowded. Pink and white artificial flowers covered the windows, and brown, oak tables were symetrically placed outside. Opening the door, I paced to the front counter, trying not to push past any customers, and went through the 'staff only' door. There I was met with my mums angry eyes. Great.

"What time do you call this?" Her eyes squinted and her lips were in a fine line, whilst she tapped her foot on the floor.

"Im sorry mum. I just went to sleep late and forgot to put my alarm on." I replied, placing my backpack on the hooks.

"Right, that means you need to work tomorow too if you want to get fully paid." Before I could challenge her, she left the staff room. I huffed, and went to the back kitchen to start cleaning the dirty dishes.

It had been a few hours now and it was around 1pm. The sound of the bell echoed throughout the cafe as the door flung open. I was now working st the front counter, since i finished cleaning the dishes. "Hi, Welcome to Cafe Bourne. What can i get you." I greeted, not looking at the customer.

"A black coffee." That all too familiar voice caused a shiver to my spine. My eyes trailed up, from his torso to those eyes. What was he doing here? How did he know i worked here? Or did he know?

"What are u doing here?" Iasked in a rude tone, but not meaning too.

"Well thats no way to treat a customer is it Isabella?" I rolled my eyes and turned around to make his black coffee. I could just feel eyes raking my body, making me tense. "I didnt know you worked here, I just wanted a drink." He said, as i turned around. I handed him his drink and my hand grazed against his. A small smile developed on his face.

"Could you let your favourite customer get this for free Isabella?" He begged playfully, with puppy eyes. "I hardly know you. No." I replied sturnly, trying to hide my smile from his adorable, silly act. His eyes suddenly drifted off to someone behind me. Great my mum.

"Everything ok?" She asked, the sound of her high heels banging on the floor comming closer and closer. "Yeah everythings fine mum." I mumbled, keeping my eyes down. "Oh.. are you her mother?" He asked, giving her a charming smile, which probably worked on every women when he wanted something. "Yes i am. Is she causing any problems?" She asked, her hand resting on her hip.

"Mum-" I whine, but was interrupted by him. "Yes actually. Shes has quite an attitude." He smiled like it was nothing What the fuck? "Oh, Im so sorry about that. Isabella go to the back." She turned to me with a stern look on her face. I decided to not battle with her, since i didnt want to be anywhere near Jack anyway.

Closing the staff room doors, I held my ear against the door and was shocked to what i could hear. He was telling her how amazing this cafe was and how he would die to work here. What the actual fuck. My mum cannot be this stupid to let a stranger work here, without any interview or anything.

"Of course, you could probably show my daughter the kind manners you carry." I heard her say. Before I could swing open the door and start a tantrum, he came in.

He had a huge fucking grin on his face, knowing exactly what he just did would annoy me. Closing the door behind him and slowly stepping closer to me so we were inches apart, he whispered into my ear. "I guess i work here now too princess."