Welcome Home (2)

Her

     She pulled back into the territory, starving to the point that her stomach was in knots, twisting and pulling, whining for any kind of sustenance, and because of this, she was also developing a bone-jarring headache. Night had finally fallen upon the woods, replacing every crevice with shadows and the cool air of fright, only to be brightened by the full moon, which gleamed against the branches and ground.

     Her eyes widened. The full moon was tonight. She was about to turn the engine back on, but the door flew open and she was being ripped out of the car within her next breath. "You idiot, what have you done?!"

     She crashed into the cold ground, rocks digging and cutting into the flesh of her back. She looked into the furious face of Mike. "What?!"

     "Officials came by today, looking for a human girl, what did you do?!" He demanded, yanking her off the ground so that they were eye to eye. "You dare bring those traitors on our land? You dare put us at risk of contamination? I will not have it!"

     She shook her head, trying to get her thoughts together. "No, Mike, I didn't-" She looked around and noticed other pack members were surrounding them. "I would never, you guys have given me everything-"

     "Do you think we are stupid?!" He screamed, his eyes completely delirious. "Do not forget who is the inferior race here, little girl! Get up!"

     "No, Mike!" She screamed as he began to drag her against her will. "No, I swear I did nothing wrong! Please, don't, I would never do anything to hurt you guys. Someone please help me!" The fires of the camp site lit up the area as he dragged her further inward. Everyone stood by, doing nothing, because they were either too scared or too unbothered to care. In the end, she had known better than to believe any of them would stick their head out for her. She was, after all, only human.

     When they reached the entrance of the main tent, Mike ordered to everyone, "The tent is all mine tonight. I will take care of this. If any of you dare interrupt, you will be banished."

     That was all she heard before he shoved her inside. She landed on her hands and knees. A sweat broke over her skin and she knew her fate was sealed. "Alpha-" She coughed as his entire weight slammed into her, and he had her pinned down, delivering heavy jabs to her sides. She screamed in protest.

     "I may be your master, but I am not your alpha," he growled into her ear. His hot breath branded her skin. "You are not a part of this pack, you never were, you never will be. And now you've brought foreigners to my den?"

     "Stop," she begged underneath him. Her face was red and her chest felt like it would cave in. "I can't breathe. Stop." She waited for the snap of her ribs to ring out, and the dread of the impending pain stuck to her skin like a flesh-melting infection.

     He grabbed a handful of her curls and snapped her neck up at an awkward angle. Her scalp caught aflame with whip-like pain. "You don't deny it!" His voice was deep, carrying, hinting at soon-to-be-met violence.

     She shouted in pain, unintentionally bucking against him, which of course infuriated him. "It couldn't have been me! I've talked to no one, I swear!"

     "You're word means nothing. You've compromised us and we have been exposed. You are no longer of use to this land. You're useless."

     She shook her head only to wince as he had his hand wrapped in her locks. "Just let me go, please. I've done nothing. Please, Mike."

     "Your begging will not satisfy me this time," he shouted, "you no longer deserve my mercy. I should have dealt with you years ago." 

     She was quiet for a little while. "You'll be punishing an innocent, Mike. This is my home, I have no reason to betray any of you." For some reason, maybe from past experience, she knew that he was beyond reason, not that he could be reasoned with at any state of mind.